With a history going back over 130 years, PVH has excelled at growing brands and businesses with rich American heritages, becoming one of the largest global apparel companies. We have over 30,000 associates operating in over 40 countries with over $8 billion in revenues.
Founded in 1968 and acquired by PVH Corp. in 2003, Calvin Klein is a global lifestyle brand that exemplifies bold, progressive ideals and a seductive, and often minimal, aesthetic. We seek to thrill and inspire our audience while using provocative imagery and striking designs to ignite the senses. We strive to make a positive impact on the world. We inspire passion in our people. We embody authenticity and embrace individuality.
Tommy Hilfiger is one of the world's leading designer lifestyle brands, internationally recognised for celebrating the essence of "classic American cool" style. Founded in 1985, Tommy Hilfiger was acquired by PVH Corp. in 2010. We engage consumers through 360° marketing campaigns, innovative events, exciting collaborations and brand partnerships, and work with some of the biggest names from the world of Fashion, Art, Music and Entertainment. About THE ROLE
The PVH finance team is instrumental to the success of the PVH Region North business. Acting as true business partners the team are responsible for providing accurate, timely and reliable information which supports and shapes our strategic direction.
The team culture is like no other, they are extremely supportive of each other, pulling together through the busy periods they always make sure they have fun and celebrate their successes.
The Financial Accountant reports into the Financial Controller and is responsible for the financial accounting and financial reconciliations of the PVH entities across the NL and Nordic+ marketsResponsibilities include:
- Working with, instructing and reviewing the output of the work of the Shared Service Centre (SSC) in relation to the following:
- Sales and margin - review and analyse the monthly results to ensure complete and accurate.
- Prepayments/rental costs - prepare schedules to calculate monthly charges, prepare the journals for posting by the Shared Services Team and reconciling closing balances to the general ledger
- Payroll - take the raw data from the external payroll providers and prepare the journals for posting to the correct cost centres and expense lines. Also provide insight to the business on monthly payroll spends
- Lease accounting - enter new leases into the Costar system and ensure leases are properly maintained. Review monthly Journals posted by the Shared Services Team
- Deferred rent - prepare calculations and prepare the journals to release landlord contributions and rent free periods. Maintenance of the deferred rent schedules and reconciliation to the general ledger
- Accruals - assess the need for accruals for missing Opex costs each month. Prepare the resulting monthly accrual journals and reconciliation to the general ledger
- Cash and bank
- Accounts receivable and cash in transit
- Accounts Payable
- Concessions recording and reporting
- Standard recurring monthly journals
- Other SG&As
Working independently to provide the following:
- Respond to Profit & Loss (P&L) queries from several key stakeholder (e.g. store and area managers, Channel Heads and members of the commercial finance team)
- Review of the Profit & Loss (P&L) of the companies, focusing on Opex lines and identifying areas for cost savings
- Prepare the year end audit packs and liaise with External Auditors
- Support the Financial Controller with preparation of statutory accounts and tax disclosures
About WHAT WE OFFER
- You're studying towards AAT, ACA, ACCA, CIMA (or equivalent)
- You're experienced in creating reports, performing financial analysis, financial KPIs and profit and loss statements
- You have advanced Excel skills and knowledge of accounting and retail systems (SAP, GK POS) is essential
- You Act with Purpose, have excellent organisational and time-management skills demonstrating the ability to multitask and prioritise workloads
- You have strong stakeholder management skills and the ability to build relationships with ease enabling you to Inspire Trust and Collaborate to Win
- You Stay Curious, you're commercially astute and a confident decision maker, communicating with impact across all levels
- You're a strong team leader, you Cultivate Belonging with an ability to manage, motivate and work effectively within a small team
- You work well with change, being able to Adapt Fast and work with pace
At PVH, we understand that the success of our organisation is directly related to our hardworking and dedicated associates who contribute their time and talents to help make our Company the success it is. That is why we are committed to providing a competitive and comprehensive benefits program that offers the protection, peace of mind and flexibility designed to support our associates - both at home and at work.
PVH Europe and our brands, TOMMY HILFIGER and CALVIN KLEIN, are committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse community of associates with a strong sense of belonging. We believe we are bettered by all forms of diversity, and take pride in working with top talent from every walk of life and corner of the world. In the spirit of inclusivity, qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, ethnicity, ability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, nationality, race, religion or sexual orientation.