Ralph Lauren Corporation (NYSE:RL) is a global leader in the design, marketing and distribution of premium lifestyle products in five categories: apparel, accessories, home, fragrances, and hospitality. For more than 50 years, Ralph Lauren's reputation and distinctive image have been consistently developed across an expanding number of products, brands and international markets. The Company's brand names, which include Ralph Lauren, Ralph Lauren Collection, Ralph Lauren Purple Label, Polo Ralph Lauren, Double RL, Lauren Ralph Lauren, Polo Ralph Lauren Children, Chaps, among others, constitute one of the world's most widely recognized families of consumer brands. At Ralph Lauren, we unite and inspire the communities within our company as well as those in which we serve by amplifying voices and perspectives to create a culture of belonging, ensuring inclusion, and fairness for all. We foster a culture of inclusion through: Talent, Education & Communication, Employee Groups and Celebration.
The Senior Raw Material Associate will partner with the Raw Material Lead of the Americas in managing Raw Material development and procurement for the region. They will act as liaison to Product Management to further develop programs sourced in region.Assist America Sourcing team in delivering the vision by executing raw material strategy plan for all categories.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
· Maintain and manage systems with accurate Raw Material (RM) details & valid certifications (cannot be expired) to ensure fabrics meet sustainable requirements (GOTS Certification, GRS Certification, BCI Points etc) · Responsible to maintain accurate and complete Raw Material details in PLM system inclusive of colors and cost. · Initiate Proto & Sale Sample Yardage ordering and monitoring with Mills. · Tracking and monitoring of fabric approvals and lab dips. · Tracking of Raw Materials commitments, utilization, and liabilities in enterprise system · Monitor Raw Material Pre-production activities with vendors and mills to streamline the bulk execution for Core products. · Support execution of Raw Material Supply Engagement Strategy, on-site evaluations, and performance scorecard process. · Partner with Raw Material Leader to provide suppliers for RM commitments/procurement. · Work closely with regional Raw Material Leads to meet the in-region Raw Material KPIs. · Assist in Raw Material capacity planning with an alignment of Capacity Management team, garment vendor and fabric mills. · Weekly connects with Vendor to ensure bulk execution and delivery on time. · Escalate issues to Raw Material and Sourcing Leads in case of delays. · Partner with Testing team to ensure fabric quality standards are being established before scaling up for mass production.
Experience, Skills & Knowledge
* Degree holder in textile technology or related discipline preferred
* Strong technical knowledge on Knit fabric and Woven fabric; knowing a broad range of fabric types is a plus.
* Familiar with fabric testing standards; demonstrate the ability to decide appropriate testing method or tool for new fabric development.
* Strong analytical mindset, problem solving and trouble-shooting skill.
* Organized and systematic team player; attention to details and quality standards.
* Able to manage multiple projects and deliverable deadlines.
* Effective communication skills, both verbal and written. Able to build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders and deliver fabric knowledge and support.
* Strong computer knowledge in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel and related systems.
* PLM & SAP system knowledge would be an advantage.
* Experience in fabric industry; prefer from both fabric mill and buying office. #LI-CE1