The Tiffany & Co. Jeweler performs repairs and alterations for new and client owned jewelry. The Jeweler works with all precious metals, including platinum, gold and silver as well as other specialty materials. The Jeweler is expected to perform repairs using standard jewelry techniques including soldering, laser welding, fabrication, assembly, gluing, enameling, finishing, hallmarking, stone setting, etc. The Jeweler possesses a deep knowledge of jewelry materials including metal assay and gemstone identification and sensitivity. The Jeweler understands workshop safety and ensures risks are minimized. What You'll Do:
Perform repairs and alterations on all assigned orders according to Tiffany & Co. standards.
- Quality - Complete all craft work according to Tiffany quality and design standards; read, understand and follow written repair instructions and seek clarification when needed; inspect all assigned orders for additional defects and note, repair or escalate as appropriate; perform "specialty craft work" e.g. complex setting, enameling as appropriate to skill set and work mix.
- Productivity - Meet or exceed established productivity standards based on work mix and role.
- Organization - Maintain assigned orders in an organized fashion ensuring that due dates are adhered to; report any late or potentially late orders to administration or management. Maintain an organized bench and work space. Request any needed parts, consumable material, tools or supplies according to established procedures; maintain all assigned parts, metals and scrap in a secure and organized fashion and according to established procedures.
Knowledge and development:
- Develop a working knowledge of Tiffany & Co. products including but not limited to designers, collections, materials, methods of manufacture and repair techniques.
- Proactively seek and apply new skills and techniques that result in quality, safety or productivity improvements.
- Proactively share skills and techniques with coworkers; actively collaborate with coworkers, administration and management in problem solving and process improvement. Service center support:
- Provide assistance as needed throughout the center; perform alternate craft work as needed and as capable; assist administration with workflow management; participate in special projects.
Occupational health and safety:
- Comply with all health and safety requirements including personal protective equipment, hazardous material handling and disposal, machine guarding, ergonomics, etc.
- Maintain a safe workstation free from risks. Immediately report any safety incidents, including "near misses", to management
- Contribute to the safe and efficient operation of the workshop; assist in cleaning and maintaining common areas and equipment; report any worn, broken or unsafe tools, equipment and supplies; identify and report any gaps in workshop infrastructure
- Diamond and coloured-stone setting experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Soldering experience
- Laser welding experience
- Flexible work schedule and ability to work overtime as needed, incLuding weekends
- Strong attention to detail
- Customer service oriented
- Fluent English language skills - Reading, Writing, Verbal
- Excellent organizational abilities to manage and prioritize multiple tasks
- Demonstrated ability to identify and provide resolution for areas of improvement
- Ability to inspire trust, fairness, integrity, and professionalism with staff as well as management
- Ability to prioritize and work in a dynamic, fast paced and team-oriented environment
- Ability to work without constant direction and take initiative
- Degree from jewelry technical/design program
- Jewelry repair, assembly experience
- Gemstone setting experience
- Tiffany & Co. product knowledge
- Basic computer knowledge