The TSC Repair Service Representative is responsible for accurately processing and updating service orders that are received to efficiently provide estimated pricing, timing and service solution to our retail partners. The Representative will utilize both internal and external technical resources to ensure the service orders are completed to meet the client's expectation and in accordance with Tiffany & Co.'s quality standards. What You'll Do:
- Receive and accurately process service orders within established time frame. Meet productivity requirements based on business needs.
- Follow written repair instructions and seek clarification when needed.
- Manage and communicate workflow effectively through updating systems and shared files. Follow up on orders, including those awaiting estimates and/or parts.
- Perform QA inspection on incoming orders to properly document the condition of the item and escalate any defects as appropriate. Inspect outgoing serviced items to ensure proper service is completed and it conforms to established quality standards.
- Act as an internal client advocate by working with all departments at the TSC and obtain information necessary for resolution of client issues. Act as a liaison between the TSC and our retail partners.
- Proactively work with management with any repair service issues and/or client escalations.
- Maintain inventory accuracy and raise any discrepancies to management.
- Assist management with projects, flex assignments and/or ongoing tasks to meet the needs of the business.
- Perform alternate operational tasks such as cycle counts, handling shipments and assist with workflow management.
- Contribute to the safe and efficient operation of the workshop; assist in cleaning and maintaining common areas.
Knowledge and Development:
- Develop deep Tiffany & Co. product knowledge including but not limited to designers, collections, materials, methods of manufacture and repair techniques.
- Proactively seek and apply new skills and techniques that result in quality, safety or productivity improvements.
- Proactively share skills and techniques with coworkers; actively collaborate with coworkers, administration and management in problem solving and process improvement.
Occupational Health and Safety:
- Comply with all health and safety requirements including personal protective equipment, ergonomics, etc.
- Maintain a safe workstation free from risks.
- Immediately report any safety incidents, including "near misses", to management
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 2 years' of jewelry experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook
- Strong English language verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational abilities to manage and prioritize multiple tasks
- Ability to work without constant direction and take initiative
- Experience in jewelry repair
- Technical school diploma
- Craft or technical course work (e.g. trade association training seminar)
- Graduate gemologist or previous GIA course work
- Knowledge in MIPS or JDE
- Tiffany & Co. product knowledge