The Manager of Demand Planning will lead a team of Planners to achieve the product sales objectives of the company. The individual will possess qualities that reflect our core values of making a difference, delivering on excellence, being creative and innovative, and encouraging an enterprising spirit. This individual will be responsible for the team's development of 24-month worldwide sales forecasts for specific Tiffany & Co. product categories. They will be responsible for the development of consensus sales plans in accordance with the financial objectives and strategic goals in partnership with Product Category Management, Regional Supply Chain teams, and Finance. They are responsible for the growth and development of the Demand Planners.Forecasting and Analysis
Manage the creation of product-level sales forecasts for specific categories and convert data into useful business insights.
Mentor and team development
- Lead a team of Planners in crafting the 24-month worldwide sales forecast for active, discontinued, and new items using Tiffany's Anaplan-based forecasting software, FACET.
- Provide market insights and forecasts by zone by leveraging data, feedback from regional partners, and marketplace knowledge.
- Ensure that sales forecasts are aligned with higher-level financial strategies.
- Drive the achievement of forecast accuracy and bias improvement.
- Own the Planners in the development of launch forecasts for novelty product, taking comp sales and cannibalization into account.
- Proactively supervise key collection performance, novelty launches, and top styles.
- Analyze historical sales, comp styles, and product categories to draw conclusions about trends, productivity, and opportunities.
- Develop expertise in respective categories; leverage knowledge and data to drive the business forward.
Challenge and develop a well-rounded team of Planners.
Cross Functional Partnership and Collaboration
- Develop Planners by providing ongoing performance and development feedback. Recognize hard-working behaviors and address performance issues in a timely manner. Train and develop new hires. Promote continuous growth and mentor.
- Contribute to an inclusive culture that inspires others and encourages all forms of diversity.
- Demonstrate our cultural values through continuous engagement and positivity.
- Champion process change to improve efficiencies and contribute to the business. Identify non-value-added activities as well as propose innovative and creative solutions to conquer business challenges.
- Challenge yourself and others to think big, take risks, and be innovative.
Engage in solution-based cross-functional communication that ensures business needs are met.
- Partner closely with Category Management, Industrial Jewelry Supply, Global Assortment Planning, and Inventory Planning cross-functional teams to ensure product strategies, financial objectives, and product delivery goals are achieved.
- Collaborate with merchandising and zone partners to align on sales forecasts for new launches and product categories.
- Lead Demand Planning discussions with regional Supply Chain teams to share insights, strategies, and priorities for current and future business.
- Work collaboratively toward business process improvements.
- Communicate respectfully, challenge assumptions and support decisions where applicable.
Create clear, concise, and relevant reporting.
- Leverage tools such as Power BI, Excel, and PowerPoint to create effective, visually appealing reporting for senior management.
- Own the creation of analysis and PowerPoint decks for the monthly Integrated Business Planning Process: Demand Review and MBR meetings.
- Approach data with dynamic agility to answer ad-hoc requests and engage in regular business updates.
- Proactively learn to anticipate the questions relevant to respective product categories and address them with straightforward, actionable communication.
- Strong analytical, technical, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Excellent in Microsoft Excel, Power BI, PowerPoint, Teams, and Windows environment with ability to adapt to new software and systems.
- Strong diplomacy skills and ability to resolve conflict in a professional manner as well as sound decision making skills.
- Self-motivated with a drive for achievement and capable of leading a team in a highly dynamic and collaborative environment.
- Understanding of global luxury trends and clients; jewelry knowledge a plus.
- Minimum of 5 years of business experience with at least 2+ years of management experience preferred as well as a bachelor's degree or related equivalent experience.
The hiring range for this position ranges from $117,810-$166,320. The rate of pay offered will be dependent upon candidates' relevant skills and experience. Management is also eligible for bonus.