The Sr Buyer is responsible for partnering with management to create and execute the merchandise strategies for assigned departments to meet or exceed financial plans for all retail channels; acts as a key leader with cross functional teams (buying, planning, sourcing, design, visual, allocation, and field).PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES/ACCOUNTABILITIES OF THE JOB:
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:Experience
- Develop, execute and meet or exceed department sales, gross margin and inventory plans. Work in partnership with VP / DMM and cross functional partners to accomplish these plans through assortment strategies, price architecture, promotional strategies, and floorset store merchandising.
- Lead teams to create a balanced assortment in terms of: brand appropriateness, fashion vision, quality, fit, value, price point, style/SKU count and key item depth
- Develop and execute strategies utilizing knowledge based on analysis of business and competitive set
- Collaborate with planning to develop effective class plans, pricing strategies, & execute POS
- Identify key opportunities; analyze the business and react with timely reorders and cancellations to maximize business
- Work with EVP / GMM and VP / DMM to execute top level strategic initiatives; partner with cross functional teams, along with direct reports, to drive these initiative.
- Acts as expert on competition and industry trends; ability to translate into innovative, relevant, fashion-forward product
- Build relationships with 3rd party vendors/licensees, and strategically partner to deliver a differentiated product mix
- Collaborate with visual merchandising to drive sales and gross margin through innovative and strategic in-store presentations
- Train, lead and develop direct reports, serving as the leader of the business, while simultaneously allowing team and cross functional partners the creative freedom and opportunities to act as the managers of their individual departments
- Foster an environment of continual training and development
- Ensure effective communication with the field organization. Solicit frequent feedback and integrate into future departmental strategies
- Take lead role in senior management meetings (business review meetings, monthly OTB, etc.), presenting in-depth analysis of respective departments and classifications; must be able to sell and validate point of view with facts and analysis.
: Minimum of 7 -10 years retail buying experienceEducation:
Bachelor's Degree in related field requiredSkills:
- Strategic thinker with ability to manage from high level to low level detail
- Balanced analytical mind with innovative, creative thought - from business operation and product standpoints
- Must be highly organized; ability to work in dynamic, changing, fast paced environment.
- Strong computer skills: Word, Excel, JDA systems
Direct: Assistant Buyer / Associate Buyer / Buyer
Indirect: Planner, Store PlannerBUDGETARY RESPONSIBILITIES:
Accountable for department financial sales, margin, pricing, inventory and markdown goals.DECISION MAKING:
Decision making authority from top level department down to sku & size in the assortments. Key leader and decision maker in driving department business and assortment mix. Partner w/ VP / DMM and EVP / GMM on higher level decisions around division and company strategies.RESOURCEFULNESS/CREATIVITY:
Solution oriented and problem solver. Must have ability to think of multiple alternatives to issues and opportunities. Strong assortment merchandising background preferred.
Pay Range: $115,000 - $135,000
PVH currently provides base salary ranges for all positions-on job advertisements-in the United States based on local requirements. These ranges are based on what PVH reasonably believes that it will pay an associate for their base salary for said position at the time of the posting. Individual compensation will ultimately be determined based on a variety of relevant factors including but-not limited to qualifications, geographic location and other relevant skills. PVH is committed to providing a market-competitive total rewards package to eligible associates, which includes diverse and robust health and insurance benefits to meet the varied needs of our associates and an above-market 401(k) contribution to help our associates save for retirement. We also offer career growth opportunities, empowering our associates to design their future at PVH.
PVH Corp. or its subsidiary ("PVH") is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applicants for employment on the basis of their individual capabilities and qualifications, consistent with applicable law and without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, creed, national origin, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability, military status or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law. In addition to complying with all applicable laws, PVH also has a strong corporate commitment to inclusion, diversity and to ensuring that all current and future PVH associates are compensated solely on job-related factors such as skill, ability, educational background, work quality, experience and potential. To achieve these goals, across the United States and its territories, PVH prohibits any PVH employee, agent or representative from requesting or otherwise considering any job applicant's current or prior wages, salary or other compensation information in connection with the hiring process. Accordingly, applicants are asked not to disclose this salary history information to PVH