With approximately 1,300 boutiques and outlets throughout the U.S., as well as an online presence for each of our brands, it takes sophisticated technology, resources and infrastructure to ensure the continued success of our businesses. From finance and accounting to technology and merchandising careers, we have diverse opportunities available for talented professionals to join our team of nearly 16,000 associates who share our commitment to excellence. POSITION OBJECTIVE:
This position is responsible for leading the CRM data engineering team by providing architecture guidance, solution design and performing review of team's deliverables. This position will be responsible for designing the customer master data model and architecture to support customer analytics and marketing and loyalty operations. This position will collaborate effectively with data engineering, product teams, digital, point-of-sale and enterprise integration project teams and peer business teams to develop solutions in a transforming 'Agile' environment. We seek leaders who want not only to be part of a transformation but to help lead it! FUNCTIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintains liaison with product management leaders and business partners to assess and evaluate customer data related enhancements and new technologies to maximize business impact while maintaining and building an innovative architecture to ultimately dramatically increase speed to market.
- Provides solution design guidance and principal data architecture for all CRM data engineers and review for best practices and compliance. This role is for a hands-on engineer with the right combination of technical and leadership expertise.
- Leads team of CRM data engineers to continue maintaining multiple legacy customer operations (CRM ODS) and data warehouse systems (SAS Customer Intelligence) and building to the new customer data (Amperity), marketing (Amperity, Salesforce Marketing Cloud), loyalty (SessionM) and analytics (MapR, GCP) platform to support CRM, Marketing and Loyalty operations and the Customer Analytics teams.
- Provides guidance on maintaining and enhancing the enterprise Customer 360 - view of the customer and its related attributes derived from multiple data domains including transaction, demand, interaction, marketing touchpoints etc.
- Performs data analysis and provides solution to address any data integration, integrity and performance issues.
- Evaluates technologies and software products to determine feasibility and desirability of incorporating their capabilities in line with the architecture technology strategy of the organization, and exceeding business needs wherever possible.
- Values individuality and the diverse talents of their team. Leads the team by communicating expectations, providing technical and cultural guidance, delivering feedback, and in the end empowering the team to be self-driven.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, Engineering or equivalent education
- 8+ years enterprise level data integration solutions development experience in technologies including SQL, SAS, Integration tools etc.
- 2+ years in a supervisory capacity
- 5+ years of experiencing architecting and data modeling of customer data
- Strong experience in designing, coding, testing and maintaining database objects, tables, views, packages, functions, procedures, indexes, sequences and triggers in SQL
- Experience translating requirements into technical specifications including the data modelling, designing and data flow diagrams
- Working experience on Scheduling tools like Orchestrator, ActiveBatch
- Excellent problem solving, issue identification, analytical and technical documentation skills
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment and effectively meet project deliverables on time
- Must demonstrate strong communication and team collaboration skill
- Must be flexible and available to provide off-hours support when required
- Must have experience working with teams in Agile methodology
- Must have a deep appreciation of data and integration. Its use, its ability to be a guide and its architecture
- Must be able to work effectively with cross-functional teams across the technology landscape to provide guidance for customer data related solutions
- Previous retail industry experience
- Experience working with customer data platforms, loyalty platforms, analytics platforms
- SQL, SSIS and Microsoft related integration technologies
- Presto SQL
- SAS Customer Intelligence Platform
- Salesforce Marketing Cloud
- Jira, Confluence
- Scheduling tools including Orchestrator and Activebatch
Chico's FAS, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, lactation, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, military service, veteran status, or any other category protected under federal, state, or local law.