INSPIRE | EXHILARATE | DELIGHT
For over six decades, Chalhoub Group has been a partner and creator of luxury experiences in the Middle East. The Group, in its endeavour to excel as a hybrid retailer, has reinforced its distribution and marketing services with a portfolio of eight owned brands and over 300 international brands in the luxury, beauty, fashion, and art de vivre categories. More recently, the Group expanded its expertise into new categories of luxury watches, jewellery, and eyewear.
Every step at Chalhoub Group is taken with the customer at heart. Be it constantly reinventing itself or focusing on innovation to provide luxury experiences at over 750+ experiential retail stores, online and through mobile apps, each touch point leads to delighting the customer.
Today, Chalhoub Group stands for 14,000 skilled and talented professionals across seven countries, whose cohesive efforts have resulted in the Group being ranked third in the Middle East and first in Saudi Arabia as a Great Place to Work®.
To keep the innovation journey going, the Group has set up "The Greenhouse", which is not just an innovation hub, but also an incubator space and accelerator for start-ups and small businesses in the region and internationally. This is just one of the several initiatives taken by the Group to reinvent itself, catalysed by forward thinking and future-proofing. The Group has also been embedding sustainability at the core of its business strategy with a clear commitment towards people, partners and the planet, and by being a member of the United Nations Global Compact Community and signatory of the Women's Empowerment Principles.
What you'll be doing
Our Procurement Buyer will provide efficient purchasing and procurement management of material and services. You are responsible for ensuring that the most appropriate goods and services based on price, quality, delivery times and services support are selected. You will liaise with all relevant departments for all purchasing and procurement activities related to vendors and sub-contractor suppliers.
- Determine the purchasing needs and work with other parts of the organization to forecast demand and evaluate inventory levels.
- Negotiate with vendors to get the best possible pricing and payment options. Bid, award, and administer project supply, services and purchase orders to suppliers.
- Cost management to identify areas of potential cost reduction and analyze the impact of pricing changes for goods and services
- Responsible for the management of the inventory
- Assist in the receipt of purchased materials and services keep detailed records of purchases and stocks.
- Monitor deliveries and any past due shipments.
- Build relationships with suppliers and manage their performance.
- Conduct routine supplier business reviews, evaluating supplier performance and compliance
What you'll need to succeed
- Degree or Management qualification in Supply Chain Management/Purchasing & Supply or relevant
- Relevant experience in buying equipment and supplies, gained within the industry
- Deep understanding and professional experience with Purchasing Contracts
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Office, especially Excel
- Excellent negotiation, customer service and consulting skills
- Strong market knowledge and experience in working across various functions, businesses and regions
What we can offer you
With us, you will turn your aspirations into reality. We will help shape your journey through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities and exposure to different assignments within your role or through internal mobility. Our Group offers diverse career paths for those who are extraordinary, every day.
We recognise the value that you bring, and we strive to provide a competitive benefits package which includes health care, child education contribution, remote and flexible working policies as well as exclusive employee discounts.
We Invite All Applicants to Apply
It Takes Diversity Of Thought, Culture, Background, Differing Abilities and Perspectives to truly Inspire, Exhilarate and Delight our customers. At Chalhoub Group, we are committed to inclusion and diversity.
We welcome all applicants to apply and be part of our exciting future. We ensure equal opportunity for all our applicants without regard to gender, age, race, religion, national origin or disability status.