Job Title: Deputy Retail Director (m/f/d)
Reports to: Retail Director Germany
Based At: Wertheim Village SUMMARY
Responsible for the daily retail operations reporting to the Retail Director, supporting and steering the team of Retail Managers and maintaining key brand relationships.
Participate with the teams of marketing and operations to jointly drive the business. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Establish, develop and maintain strong relationships with existing brands through ongoing communication and contact with store staff, store management and brand headquarters staff
- Drive, with the Retail Team, stores sales performance and customer service providing guidelines and coaching to store managers on managing staff, stock and presentation (monitoring stock levels, pricing, promotional calendar, signage, staffing)
- Identify future business needs and develop, with the Retail Director, strategies to enhance brands' performance
- Develop, with the Retail Director, training seminars on effective customer service, sales performance, KPI based sales and stock management and in-store visual merchandising
- Support the retail management team attending meetings and calls when Retail & Marketing Director can not attend
- Establish and maintain local relationships by actively promoting the centre's position within the community
- Keep abreast of competitive centres and high street evolution.
- Drive the BV process for the GRS brands taking responsibility for key GRS brands.
- Work closely with the Marketing Director and their team to provide input into the marketing campaigns as well as innovative marketing ideas to drive and maximise sales in the village.
- Provide ideas for special events, holiday promotions and other marketing initiatives through awareness of fashion trends, calendars and important dates.
- Provide input on the drafting of the weekly bulletin and write appropriate articles.
- Work closely with Operations to ensure store adherence to rules and regulations.
- Liaise with the Retail Director and the Senior Operations Manager on the implementation of retail initiatives.
- Recommend desirable brands to the Remerchandising Team and be available to assist in providing comfort and knowledge to brands considering the village.
- Monitor sales trends through weekly sales analysis with the Retail Team
- Be aware of village performance and compliance to budgets.
- Strong retailing background gained at an upmarket brand
- Good understanding of the fashion industry and market
- Knowledge of and significant experience in retail operations
- Sound understanding of the retail market
- Strong team building and coaching skills
- Ability to interact at different levels in the brands organisations and other departments throughout Value Retail
- Good analytical skills with an eye for detail
- Strong communication skills, both spoken and written
- Very good English and German, any other languages are benefitial
- Exceptional personal presentation skills
- Computer literate for reporting and presentations