With approximately 1,300 boutiques and outlets throughout the U.S., as well as an online presence for each of our brands, it takes sophisticated technology, resources and infrastructure to ensure the continued success of our businesses. From finance and accounting to technology and merchandising careers, we have diverse opportunities available for talented professionals to join our team of nearly 16,000 associates who share our commitment to excellence. POSITION OBJECTIVE
This position is responsible for providing onsite Human Resources guidance and counsel to Chico's FAS, Inc. Distribution Center and Contact Center management and associates on company guidelines, associate relations issues, workforce planning, succession, compliance issues and performance management. The role may be assigned to support Shared Services, and/or Brand. FUNCTIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Partners with the business to provide guidance to management in the handling of associate relations issues and exercises care that situations are well documented and are not arbitrary or discriminatory.
- Participate in talent review sessions in to help identify top talent and succession planning strategies.
- Create and review position descriptions and workforce design to meet the needs of the business and workforce plan.
- Contributes to the strategic planning process for the business through integration of the HR perspective.
- Gains credibility by building collaborative relationships with the client group and associates as well as others in the HR organization.
- Ensures compliance with company policies and procedures. Makes recommendations, provides solutions, and resolves issues as challenges arise.
- Communicates to client group regarding HR initiatives through both verbal and written communication.
- Demonstrates a thorough understanding of business/brand strategies and objectives, the competitive landscape, current and potential future business challenges.
- Represents and enables the successful implementation of HR strategy, products and services to business unit clients.
- Keeps abreast of legislation affecting human resources and monitor company guidelines and make recommendations for required changes.
- Evaluates reports, decisions, and results of department; and recommends new approaches, guidelines, and procedures to affect continual improvement in efficiency of department and services performed.
- Creates effective partnerships with appropriate HR teams and client groups to successfully accomplish goals.
- Values individuality and the diverse talents of their team. Leads the team by communicating expectations, providing guidance, delivering feedback, and empowering the team to be their best.
- Bachelor's degree in related field required; Master's degree preferred
- 7+ years of progressive experience in Human Resources with proven HR generalist skills in employee relations, employment law, performance management, and/or other related areas. Retail experience preferred.
- Experience supporting hourly, front-line Associate populations of 700+
- 3-5 years' experience providing Human Resources support in shipping/logistics distribution center, manufacturing environment with at least 3 years of experience managing others within the human resource function.
- Must be familiar with a variety of HR concepts, practices and procedures.
- Ability to develop positive partnerships and influence at all levels of an organization.
- Exceptional project management skills.
- Proven coaching and conflict resolution skills.
- Strong analytical and quantitative abilities in managing through HR data (e.g., turnover statistics, HR Scorecard /metrics, satisfaction surveys, etc.)
- Ability to effectively coach and leverage the talents of subordinates.
- Superb written and verbal communication skills. Ability to prepare and deliver clear and effective presentations at an executive level.
- Strong computer skills
Chico's FAS, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, lactation, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, military service, veteran status, or any other category protected under federal, state, or local law.