As Footwear Developer for Kids / Youth, you will be responsible for owning projects and process management to ensure continued success within the Kids and Youth category at On. In this role, you will manage projects within the development process of products known for their high level of performance, with kids and young adults as the final consumer. You will own the entire process from initial concept, to production, through to commercialization. You will work closely with key internal stakeholders, both in Zurich and Vietnam; from Product Managers, Designers and the Head of Product Development to Testing Specialists and Biomechanic experts, ensuring every product that goes to market is of the highest quality and meets all performance requirements.
- You will be part of the team that owns and represent the product development process for the Kids and Youth category at On
- You are expected to execute development by using your knowledge of the development process for performance footwear
- Communicate directly with your key counterparts in Vietnam and Portland to translate timelines and feasibility of design to realise functional and performance-based footwear product and adhere to product creation calendar
- Drive product innovation by bringing ideas to the table at briefing stage, exploring newness with T1 suppliers, pushing boundaries of construction and keeping up to date with the industry while understanding the On consumer needs
- Partner with design to create tech-packs, translating their vision to T1 suppliers, offering technical guidance and performance construction solutions to ensure products are built to withstand required briefs and consumer demands.
- You will effectively define the best methods to successfully manage the product creation process (e.g. conduct meetings with the product teams during each development phase to review, make changes and drive the decision-making process that leads to on-time production)
- You will provide recommendations on materials, component and construction options to meet pricing targets and product's functional requirements specific for Kids needs
- Engage appropriately in all phases of the product creation process to ensure projects are completed on time, can be commercialised and manufactured, while meeting design intent, performance, costing and sustainability goals.
- You will be responsible for monitoring costs and advising where product efficiencies can be made
- You will work hand in hand with our testing team and biomechanics expert for successful validation and testing of the products, as well as effectively manage the sampling and prototyping of the products
- You have a higher education degree in Engineering, Product Design or a related field
- You have 4+ years of experience in the footwear industry as a footwear developer within a Performance / Lifestyle footwear category
- Advanced knowledge of the product development process (footwear and material construction, technology, textile manufacturing, prototyping).
- Experience with shoe making, manufacturing, fit and wear testing and performance sport demands for product creation.
- You have experience with creating tech packs, shell patterns and interpreting blueprints and 3D CADs
- You have the ability to follow complex processes and can offer ideas to improve on existing methods of working
- You have excellent time management skills and the ability to work to multiple deadlines
- Understanding of costing principles
- Strong communication skills (verbal & written) in English as well as the ability to communicate across all levels of the organisation
- Able to manage several projects at varying stages at the same time, prioritising tasks and deadlines effectively
- You are competent with MS Office and have experience with graphic programs such as PLM, CAD, Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
Meet The Team
We are an innovative, creative and science-driven team working closely to convert cutting-edge ideas into prototypes and exceptional performance products. High quality and performance are top of mind when creating our footwear products. Our team combines the best experts in fields such as Engineering, Development and Product Management to create something extraordinary.
What We Offer
On is a place that is centered around growth and progress. We offer an environment designed to give people the tools to develop holistically - to stay active, to learn, explore and innovate. Our distinctive approach combines a supportive, team-oriented atmosphere, with access to personal self-care for both physical and mental well-being, so each person is led by purpose.
On is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating a work environment that is fair and inclusive, where all decisions related to recruitment, advancement, and retention are free of discrimination.