At Burberry, we believe creativity opens spaces. Our purpose is to unlock the power of imagination to push boundaries and open new possibilities for our people, our customers and our communities. This is the core belief that has guided Burberry since it was founded in 1856 and is central to how we operate as a company today.
We aim to provide an environment for creative minds from different backgrounds to thrive, bringing a wide range of skills and experiences to everything we do. As a purposeful, values-driven brand, we are committed to being a force for good in the world as well, creating the next generation of sustainable luxury for customers, driving industry change and championing our communities. JOB PURPOSE
Supporting the LG Operations Director, leads the implementation of a product excellence culture and processes, by defining and implementing the quality standards of product and process across the Leather Goods Operations unit, creating and sharing the best practices in internal manufacturing and vendors productions sites.RESPONSIBILITIES
- Define and manage the QA strategy for Leather Goods, contributing to and in line with the overall Supply Chain Strategy: execute QA strategy/procedures/standards, establishe Key Performance Indicators (KPI) for the Quality Assurance and Quality Control team in line with the overall Supply Chain KPl's;
- Collaborate with technical, industrialisation and production teams to set up quality standards on product and to manage quality elevation alongside the full process;
- In agreement with Technical departments, revise and implement product standards on materials and finished products and define Burberry quality inspections guidelines;
- Provide and follow up the test plan for materials, components and finished product; Ensure that test fail are addressed and solved in a timely manner;
- Raise and document all the Quality risks related to new collection items, providing a complete risk assessment report;
- Responsible for review and share digital/physical product standards and key attributes to central Quality team, Hubs and Distribution teams;
- Organise and share the monthly vendor quality reports, returns performance, inspection reports & returns analysis, to discuss and agree required improvements with industrialisation/technical teams and vendors/contractors as needed;
- Responsible for co-validating the sealing sample for final product approval and for co-validating the pre-production samples replicating the sealed product across contractors and Vendors;
- Lead the quality inspection team in Burberry and collaborate with Vendors QA teams to respect procedures, standards and systems, providing inspection plans and balancing team workload on finishing/final inspection;
- Establish and monitor an assessment programme for Burberry subcontractors;
- To contribute to the creation and maintenance of an agreed process and standards (specifications and testing) to meet the requirements of Quality Assurance for the supply of raw material and trim to the Business.
- Experience in quality, engineering role in luxury industry;
- Degree in Management or related Engineering;
- Knowledge of Leather Goods processes;
- Leadership and accountability;
- Leadership and teamworking attitude, whilst also demonstrating initiative and flexibility where necessary;
- Challenging the status quo to reach highest target in line with Supply Chain strategy and KPls.
- Empathetic, organised and efficient.
- A team player with excellent communications skills
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.
Posting Notes: Italy || Not Applicable || Florence || SC CENTRAL OPERATIONS || LEATHER GOODS COE || n/a ||