This role overseas all customer-facing creative for Show Me Your Mumu. The Creative Brand Director leads photoshoot and video creative concepting to produce the strongest and most cohesive digital assets utilized across marketing channels, eCommerce, and social media to elevate the brand, produce a cohesive message, convert the customer, and execute the brand identity and diversity goals. This role, in tandem with the Creative Ops Director, plans out the photoshoot and the creative digital asset creation process, manages the calendar, photoshoot deliverables, and workflows with the teams. This role utilizes data and reporting to make strategic decisions on content objectives and works closely with planning to execute the content needed to support the buys and drive volume where needed. The Creative Brand Director works closely with PR and all collaborations; is responsible for managing all visual presentation and props for events and photoshoots. This role works very closely with eComm, Marketing, and Social on creative and strategy whenever we expand our channels, platforms, and features, i.e., loyalty, showroom, app, SMS, etc. The Creative Brand Director communicates with founders to consistently execute the vision, drive the company forward, and increase Company revenue. Candidates must be within reasonable commuting distance of the Mumu HQ office in Los Angeles, CA.
- Leads the Creative Meeting with Creative Ops Manager and Founders – comes prepared with concrete ideas and strategy for each launch, leaning into inventory buys, current data and trend, creative opportunity, new ideas, and styling notes to present
- Oversees all creative direction, works closely with Lead Photographer on concepts/props/overall vison on all shoots
- Executes all art direction and prop styling with help from Photographer, lead photographer & photo team members
- Works with Creative Ops Director to book and scout locations
- Works with Creative Ops Director and team to cast models- Ops Director ultimately in charge of this.
- Analyzes the sales reporting, units buys, and inventory to make decisions for content
- Gives initial direction for shot list, approves all shot lists created by Stylist, and runs final version by manager for sign off.
- Directs photo team day of at shoots (along with Ops director) to make sure overall art direction is achieved, we get shots needed for e-comm/marketing/social, also often helps with additional cell phone content both photo and video
- Make final selects on all imagery used for marketing and eComm (after Photographer narrows down and edits images), Social usually chooses theirs based on their needs, or pulls from selects
- Works closely with Social Media Manager to help plan out any social assets we need to execute prior to shoot date, Creative Ops Director helps with scheduling etc.
- Works closely with Social Media Team to devise launch plans, teases, strong content plans and calendar for @showmeyourmumu Instagram, @mumuweddings Instagram, and @showmeyourmumu TikTok
- Helps identify and push strongest photo and video content, trends, themes, products on feed and reels
- Works with Social Media Manager (Main Collection) to help identify social trends that would work for Mumu and helps execute new content based on these trends
- Works with the Social team to strategize new ways to engage and grow our following with new features and new content
- Partners in creating and editing content and specific ads for organic social Reels/TikTok and feeds
- Own web launch cadence and strategy in tandem with Planning team- come prepared to monthly launch meeting with strategic plan to present.
- Pass off strongest image selects for web assets + homepages + app to E-comm + graphics, and approve final rounds.
- Makes image selects for all special web assets (pop ups, the new real weddings inspo page etc.)
- Drives bigger eComm. projects and new builds creatively- owns asset pass off and approvals for graphic team- i.e., App, new web pages or features, showroom, video, new site etc.
- Selects and mockups
- Works closely with Digital Marketing Team to approve creative marketing asset plan for marketing channels, specifically email + social
- Has a close understanding of current sales data, units buys, current inventory, historical best performers, and current trends to make strategic decisions on stories to feature and items to push
- Helps guide what channel to feature on and when, and what layouts/stories best suit the content we have or are planning to shoot into for email.
- Email- hands selects and mockups/ concepts to Graphic Design for all marketing emails
- Assists in creating organic content that can be used in paid channels when applicable
- Gives feedback on weekly creative marketing deck (All copy, layouts, content for email, paid social, SMS) before it goes to founders
- Steps in when needed to write copy for email or on site
- Manages brand marketing Cohesion- this role is head of the entire creative cohesive marketing vision and message of the brand- overseas the Visual or Verbal creative thread that aligns with all marketing channels
- Collabs- Assist in selection and creative execution of all brand collaborations. Collabs would act as a 'VIP' e-comm launch, so anything that would usually be done for an eComm. launch applies, with even more attention to planning- i.e., Social teases, video concepts, marketing materials, event visuals etc. to elevate the brand + bring the collab to life for our digital customer.
- Events- Partner with PR team to Manage Visual concepting + execution for all Mumu in person events. Be present at and help direct the set-up of the events, to make sure the customer perception of the brand is being withheld from the visuals of the event, through social media channels + marketing.
- Works closely with Creative Design Director for naming
Other duties as assigned.
- Experience leading creative teams and advising on content creation
- Able to collaborate with both creative and marketing leads to understand multi-channel needs/best practices, to deliver creative that is both on brand and hitting our company goals.
- Leadership experience in e-commerce fashion design related industry
- Google Suite & Mac Proficient
- Ability to work on-site in a team environment and give direction
- Ability to work quickly on tight deadlines and managing multiple projects at once
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Minimum 8 years of experience in Creative Brand Leadership
- BA in related field (Advertising, Multimedia Design, etc.)
- Creative problem solving and project management abilities- must be a self starter
- Flexibility with regards to job responsibilities
- Able to work and think independently as well as part of a team.
- Excellent follow-through and attention to detail
- Excellent listening, communication, and problem-solving skills.
- Strong customer focus and ability to work under time and task pressures.
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions, correspondences, and memos.
- Ability to write correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information one-on-one and in small group situations to other employees on the team.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Show Me Your Mumu is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider for employment all qualified candidates without regard to race, color, age, religion, national origin, sex, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.