With a history going back over 130 years, PVH has excelled at growing brands and businesses with rich American heritages, becoming one of the largest global apparel companies. We have over 30,000 associates operating in over 40 countries with over $8 billion in revenues.
Founded in 1968 and acquired by PVH Corp. in 2003, Calvin Klein is a global lifestyle brand that exemplifies bold, progressive ideals and a seductive, and often minimal, aesthetic. We seek to thrill and inspire our audience while using provocative imagery and striking designs to ignite the senses. We strive to make a positive impact on the world. We inspire passion in our people. We embody authenticity and embrace individuality.
Tommy Hilfiger is one of the world's leading designer lifestyle brands, internationally recognised for celebrating the essence of "classic American cool" style. Founded in 1985, Tommy Hilfiger was acquired by PVH Corp. in 2010. We engage consumers through 360° marketing campaigns, innovative events, exciting collaborations and brand partnerships, and work with some of the biggest names from the world of Fashion, Art, Music and Entertainment. About THE ROLE
The PVH finance team is instrumental to the success of the PVH Region North business. Acting as true business partners the team are responsible for providing accurate, timely and reliable information which supports and shapes our strategic direction.
The team culture is like no other, they are extremely supportive of each other, pulling together through the busy periods they always make sure they have fun and celebrate their successes.
The Financial Controller plays a true leadership role, working closely with the VP of Finance they are responsible for leading and developing the team who provide key management information, consolidating and reporting for the PVH brands across Region North. There are three direct reports based in the UK and one based in The Netherlands.
The role is based in the London office but will require occasional travel to Amsterdam and Copenhagen.Responsibilities include:
- Lead and oversee the financial controlling and accounting function for the retail and wholesale business segments, ensuring accurate and timely financial reporting, analysis, and insights to support effective decision-making.
- Partner with retail operations and store teams as well as the sales and business development teams to provide financial insights to support strategic initiatives, such as store profitability analysis, labor optimization, store network planning.
- Partnering with the accounting Shared Service Centre in Belgium to ensure the most optimised and efficient ways of working.
- Ensuring timely completion and review of month end reporting and key balance sheet reconciliations.
- Consolidation and preparation of statutory financial statements and working closely with External Auditors on the year end audits.
- Responsible for providing answers to accounting queries from HQ in Amsterdam around technical accounting issues and working with the HQ team to resolve accounting issues affecting the overall PVH Europe business.
- Working closely with the VP of Finance to develop procedures and controls.
- Ensure compliance with accounting standards, policies, and procedures, and provide guidance and support to the retail finance team.
About WHAT WE OFFER
- You'll have a bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, or a related field; MBA or other advanced degree/financial qualification preferred.
- You'll have experience in financial management and controlling, preferably within the wholesale or retail industry and have experience of IFRS.
- You'll have strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to Make Informed decisions by translating complex financial data into meaningful insights and recommendations.
- You'll have a solid understanding of financial accounting principles and practices, including budgeting, forecasting, and financial analysis.
- You'll Take Ownership, having excellent attention to detail and ability to work with large datasets.
- You'll be proficient in financial management systems and tools, such as SAP or MS Excel.
- You'll have strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability Inspire Trust and to effectively communicate financial concepts to both finance and non-finance stakeholders.
- You'll have a proven track record in driving financial performance, cost optimization, and process improvement within a wholesale environment.
- You'll Act with Purpose, having the ability to work independently and manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment that requires you to Adapt Fast when needed
- You'll be fluent in English, both written and verbal. Additional languages are a plus.
At PVH, we understand that the success of our organisation is directly related to our hardworking and dedicated associates who contribute their time and talents to help make our Company the success it is. That is why we are committed to providing a competitive and comprehensive benefits program that offers the protection, peace of mind and flexibility designed to support our associates - both at home and at work.
PVH Europe and our brands, TOMMY HILFIGER and CALVIN KLEIN, are committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse community of associates with a strong sense of belonging. We believe we are bettered by all forms of diversity, and take pride in working with top talent from every walk of life and corner of the world. In the spirit of inclusivity, qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, ethnicity, ability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, nationality, race, religion or sexual orientation.