About Old Navy
Forget what you know about old-school industry rules. When you work at Old Navy, you're choosing a different path. From day one, we've been on a mission to democratize fashion and make shopping fun again. Our teams make style accessible to everyone, creating high-quality, must-have fashion essentials for the whole family, with love, season after season.
We opened our first store in 1994 in San Francisco and have been on a roll ever since. We cultivate a community of playful personalities that thrive in a fast-paced environment where our employees can be their most authentic selves. Here, we're family.About the Role
In this role, you will assist in all aspects of merchandising at Old Navy. You will be an integral part of the team and are someone who is organized to assist in all executional components of driving the business forward. You will work closely with the merchandising org and have influence across other functions including marketing, visual, merchandise planning and production. You will gain understanding of and assist in meeting our product-level P and L targets, drive results and closely monitor the health of categories across the Boys division. You're 100% accountable and empowered to see things through to the end.What You'll Do
Who You Are
- • Work effectively as a member of the cross functional team by communicating clearly and focusing on team objectives• Manage and track samples• Keep samples organized and up to date for use in merchant presentations, visual set-ups, and seasonal marketing• Create, enter & perform in-season updates to product information in multiple data bases• Plan and prioritize workload to meet deadlines and increase efficiency• Perform general administrative duties for merchandising team as needed• Maintain reports and tools, as needed by merchandising team• Complete seasonal projects for merchandising team (ex: trend and competitor research)• Assist in the development of the product assortment, key item positioning, and ensuring that the collection is compelling, commercially viable and supports overall business objectives• Attend cross functional meetings and class reviews to stay abreast of any changes in assortment and strategies
Benefits at Old Navy
- Strong strategic and analytical ability
- Driven for results
- Excellent verbal and written ability
- Ability to align with, collaborate and influence cross functional partners and peers
- Recognize and questions potential problems and situations
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. In 2022, we were recognized by Forbes as one of the World's Best Employers and one of the Best Employers for Diversity.
Hourly Range: $21.15 - $26.45 USD
Employee pay will vary based on factors such as qualifications, experience, skill level, competencies and work location. We will meet minimum wage or minimum of the pay range (whichever is higher) based on city, county and state requirements.US Candidates
Please note that effective, June 30, 2022, Gap Inc. will no longer require any of its employees to wear face masks or require proof of COVID vaccination, unless required by local or state/provincial mandates or as part of Gap Inc's quarantine guidelines after being exposed to or testing positive for COVID. Therefore, please disregard any language in any job posting that refers to Gap Inc.'s face mask and proof of vaccination policy as said policy is no longer effective.