The Director, Human Resources Business Partner is a key advisory leader who acts as a consultant to the business leaders to the Northeast Market and Store level. Focuses include, but are not limited to, Talent Strategy, Workforce and Organizational Management, Program Delivery and Diversity and Inclusion. The Director, HRBP - Northeast will partner closely to ensure alignment on the organization's strategic goals that will drive our key results in the areas of talent and development across the region and deliver on market-specific programs and needs. The Director, HRBP - Northeast will make recommendations, decisions and empower the business to manage and develop their talent. They will communicate effectively to champion initiatives that support strategic goals of the business and promote consistency, reduce risk, and engage talent to grow, develop and exceed Key Results.
The Director, Human Resources Business Partner must be able to think strategically while also being hands-on in overseeing the day-to-day execution of the agreed upon strategy with a focus on clients, people, and brand desirability. They will be open and approachable and will work with both the central team and the local teams in a transparent, united and mutually supportive manner. They must model and champion our core belief; People Make the Difference and our values; Be Creative & Innovative, Deliver Excellence and Cultivate an Entrepreneurial Spirit." Key Accountabilities: Talent Management:
Responsible for aligning business objectives with talent strategy. The Director, HRBP develops a strong knowledge base of their Northeast business partners' functions and business objectives. They maintain an effective level of business literacy about the business's financial position, its culture, and its luxury competition. The Market's Recruiter reports into this role.
Workforce & Organization:
- Develop and deliver an aligned business unit human capital strategy by leveraging the broader Americas Global Talent strategy and COE tools.
- Monitor and utilize internal/external trends with key metrics, and partner with Centers of Excellence, and business leaders to reframe challenges and identify solutions through the lens of talent and employee experience.
- Support holistic bench strength analysis and succession planning processes.
- Leverage and apply talent analytics and insights with business leaders.
Lead workforce planning and various activities that support organizational design work including engagement strategy and action planning. Monitor workforce planning efforts (forecasting, skills development, optimization of resources, partnership with TA) to align organization's business strategy to its talent strategy and ensure that each business unit has the right skills at the right time. Monitor financial implications of labor needs / changes and tracking adherence to the workforce plan.
- Partner with Employee Relations on escalated matters and coaching to the business.
Collaborate with COE's and Business on strategic delivery of various programs.
Diversity and Inclusion:
- Initiate and support compensation reviews for Store Leaders, in partnership with Total Reward to ensure compensation aligns competitively based on local business trends and geographic differences.
- Partner with Talent Acquisition COE on Employment Value Proposition and Brand Ambassadorship.
- Participate in assessment panels and participate in the talent selection process for critical market positions.
- Partner with business leaders on employee engagement strategy and action planning.
- Streamline communication from leadership level to store level to yield the most favorable adoption of new initiatives, policies, and concepts.
- Calibrate annual performance ratings to ensure consistency and alignment with Market and Store Leadership.
- Inspire a culture of celebration, appreciation and recognition at market and store level to drive performance and motivate.
Ensure the integration of D&I within day-to-day practices that cultivate both a diverse and inclusive workforce, in which all individuals have equal access to opportunities and resources. Coach and develop leadership competency in D&I.
- Lead, prioritize and communicate with each business leader the importance of encouraging appreciation for diversity in all its forms by regularly including D&I in their agenda.
- Drive leadership to understand, own and measure their D&I accountability through coaching and consulting to the greater D&I strategy.
- Partner with Communication, Culture, and Inclusion on D&I strategy, including creation and execution of annual D&I talent plan.
- Partner with TA on highlighting diversity needs and bias mitigation through all talent activities with the use of metrics and consistent feedback to the business.
- Minimum 8+ years of diverse HR experience in HR talent strategy and program delivery with exposure to Employee Relations and Recruitment
- Bachelor's degree required
- Ability to travel as needed throughout the markets within your scope and to NYC for meetings
- Strong consultative mindset and project management skills
- Proven ability to productively influence others and negotiate as needed
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, problem solving, collaboration skills
- Outstanding business acumen and analytical skills
- Must be organized, meticulous, able to work independently and manage multiple priorities simultaneously
The hiring range for this position ranges from $159,120-$224,640 annually. The rate of pay offered will be dependent upon candidates' relevant skills and experience.