Working with the Senior Product Developer to develop patterns and to make pattern changes for specific orders.
To ensure Halfpenny London standards are met through processes, quality of product, and professional conduct.
We work in a fast-paced environment, so willingness to collaborate and a passion for your work are key. There is a lot of invaluable experience to be learnt as part of our small team, so this is a great opportunity for the right candidate.
Key duties & responsibilities:
- Create high-quality patterns for all Halfpenny London collection pieces working up from a sketch.
- Create production master patterns to a high standard.
- Modify existing patterns to adapt Made to Measure and Custom requests.
- Ensuring consistency of quality and fit across all styles.
- Communicating clearly and efficiently, ensuring all patterns have the desired finishing and specification requested, passing over key information relevant to each style for tech packs.
- Attend fit sessions and give professional comments. Make amendments following fit sessions.
- Contribute advice for grading notes on each style, giving guidelines for production, enabling the garment to be reproduced in different sizes and able to do so manually.
- Seasonal development of curve fit and grading.
- Plus Size experience will be beneficial.
- To work alongside the Design team and Production team to give technical guidance where needed.
You are intelligent, optimistic, aesthetic-driven, and solution-oriented person who thrives from working with a luxury product.
- Must have proven experience in a similar role. Bridal, Couture or luxury brand experience preferred
- Understanding of fabrics, technical components and sewing techniques at production and Couture level
- Posses a good eye for detail, shape and proportion
- Highly passionate about product innovation and product quality
- You will operate in a professional manner, as a proud representative of Halfpenny London, and the culture of the brand. This means bringing a problem solving attitude, a friendly approach, and a courteous manner in all dealings.
- Strong communication skills able to collaborate with multiple departments
- Personal accountability and integrity
- Excellent attention to detail and organisational skills to meet all seasonal deadlines
- Eager to learn and adapt to new systems and processes
To apply, please send your CV together with a covering letter answering the following 3 questions:
- What would you consider to be your product strength?
- How many years’ experience do you have with Bridal?
- List your favourite 3 designers.
The interview process includes:
- First interview over zoom.
- Second interview face to face, including a trial, in our Central London atelier.
Note: This list is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel in the job. The content above is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to the role. This does not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.