Gap has always been about optimistic American style. Starting with our very first store on Ocean Avenue in San Francisco, opened almost 50 years ago by Doris and Don Fisher. The thread that's run through those five decades is the phenomenal people that make up our brand - our employees and our customers. People who are rooted in the legacy that makes Gap what it is, but who are also focused on the future. People who want to leave the world better than they found it.
We've built our brand on staying true to our roots while always being out in front of what's next. If you want to be part of an iconic American brand, and help lead the way for where we're headed, we'd love to have you join us.About the Role
Job Description Summary
The Sr. Director, Head of Gap Brand Editorial + Voice is responsible for oversight of all brand voice, content and writing across all marketing channels, as well as preserving and enforcing the editorial voice.
This position will create brand voice and content strategy, oversee writing and editing copy, inspire/mentor/coach the writing team, concept for seasonal campaigns and new marketing programs, work collaboratively with all creative teams in creating wholistic brand experience and collaborate with strategic agency partners.
This position will lead a team of content strategists, editors, writers and proof-readers.
This position will closely with the Head of Marketing and will report into Head of Creative in leading and creating brand content and stories for all marketing programs, seasonal campaigns & social.What You'll Do
Who You Are
- Lead strategic omnichannel brand annual and seasonal storytelling content to execute big-picture ideas that meet business objectives
- Own the development and evolution of the GAP Brand Voice and Content Strategy, including developing positioning and content strategies for all marketing programs
- Build an overarching approach to Brand Voice and Content Strategy and evangelize this approach throughout the organization in various settings, partnering with key senior leaders to create alignment, attain resources and prioritization for this vision
- Partner closely with all Creative teams and Marketing to develop and deliver creative for robust 360 customer Brand experience, with emphasis on customer-focused innovation and Brand Love
- Lead multiple projects simultaneously across all vehicles (digital, retail, print), through the management and motivation of a team of talented content strategists and writers at all levels
- Effectively delegate work, while monitoring team bandwidth, finding synergies where possible and collaborating and inspiring teamwork
- Serve as a key thought partner and guide to the GAP Leadership Team on topics related to relevant storytelling (Fashion/Lifestyle) content and provide frequent input into the broader vision for GAP Brand overall
- Direct and manage the work of strategic agency partners, ensuring Brand Voice is preserved and reinforced
Benefits at Gap
- 15+ years of experience (including people management) within an in-house creative team or at an agency
- Familiarity with legal issues surrounding advertising, copyright, trademark, product claims and promotions
- Understanding of retail/ecommerce (including current industry trends and emerging marketing channels) and of the fashion/lifestyle space (both retail and magazine editorial)
- Exceptional writing skills; Experience concepting campaigns, writing brand taglines, developing brand voices, content and editorial standards for a brand
- Experience directing copy for a variety of marketing channels including environmental graphics, ecommerce, programmatic, paid/organic social, retail and direct mail
- Understanding of basic graphic design principles, typography, photography and content production
- Goal oriented, with demonstrated success in managing through ambiguity and change in a fast paced, complex environment
- Strong critical-thinking, problem-solving and strategic-thinking skills to synthesize, develop, present and build consensus around clear and concise recommendations to groups of executives
- Well versed in short-term and long-range planning and execution of a portfolio of projects; Experience handling budgets and formulating resourcing plans
- Experience in recruiting, hiring, managing, developing and motivating large teams of talented and diverse professionals
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. In 2022, we were recognized by Forbes as one of the World's Best Employers and one of the Best Employers for Diversity.
Salary Range: $181,900 - $250,200 USD
Employee pay will vary based on factors such as qualifications, experience, skill level, competencies and work location. We will meet minimum wage or minimum of the pay range (whichever is higher) based on city, county and state requirements.US Candidates
Please note that effective, June 30, 2022, Gap Inc. will no longer require any of its employees to wear face masks or require proof of COVID vaccination, unless required by local or state/provincial mandates or as part of Gap Inc's quarantine guidelines after being exposed to or testing positive for COVID. Therefore, please disregard any language in any job posting that refers to Gap Inc.'s face mask and proof of vaccination policy as said policy is no longer effective.