As a Footwear Testing Specialist, you will be responsible for the validation of all Performance Running products coming to market. You will work in an environment where we make ideas happen fast, decide quickly and give high levels of responsibility. You will be a key partner in running projects and act as a collaborator & consultant to departments such as design, development and materials, to guarantee product excellence. This role will be based in our Development Department in Zürich.
- Develop testing strategies and conduct high complexity footwear product testing activities on all durability, fit and performance test levels.
- Setting up processes to ensure efficient testing cycles and timely feedback loops inline with the project calendar
- Identify specific testing needs based on the product brief, design and own the testing process to suit the needs of the product and target consumer.
- Analyse fit and durability data to develop reports allowing valuable insights and suggestions to project stakeholders .
- Working closely with Sports Science, conduct performance analyses, including competitor benchmarking, and present findings & suggestions to relevant key-stakeholders.
- Provide corrective action plans upon test fails in alignment with cross-functional teams such as Materials, Product Management, Development, Design
- Ensure that product verification and judgement calls meet On global standards and are done based on the fit, comfort, performance and quality criteria.
- Identify gaps in Testing Crew and own tester recruitment in your assigned field: Build and maintain a tester network fulfilling the requirements of the Product Creation calendars.
- Work with Testing Lead to build sustainable relationships with various institutions for test purposes
- Support Testing Lead as needed on cross-functional projects within the Organisation
- Work with our Testing systems and databases to manage changes in data, ensure accurate high quality data and an optimised flow into testing reports.
- Set up events to drive engagement in the testing community
- Approximately 1+ years of experience in a similar role within the footwear industry
- Sports science, product engineering degree or similar is preferable
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work well within a team and collaborate with others.
- A Can-Do attitude and the ability to work with a high degree of flexibility and outside of typical working hours when necessary.
- Detailed, creative and solutions-oriented
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Excel and PowerPoint.
- Fluent or very good in English (written and spoken)
- Vested interest in the industry and testing
- Ability to think creatively and outside the box
- A confident "people person", adapt at building and maintaining relationships
Meet The Team
We're a small yet fast growing team responsible for the validation of all products at On. Our role within R&D is critical to ensure that every product meets the needs and demands of our customers. We're a curious and collaborative team, constantly evolving to ensure the highest quality product insights.
What We Offer
On is a place that is centered around growth and progress. We offer an environment designed to give people the tools to develop holistically - to stay active, to learn, explore and innovate. Our distinctive approach combines a supportive, team-oriented atmosphere, with access to personal self-care for both physical and mental well-being, so each person is led by purpose.
On is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating a work environment that is fair and inclusive, where all decisions related to recruitment, advancement, and retention are free of discrimination.