Dion Lee is a unisex designer brand, based in New York City. The Dion Lee aesthetic is technical with an intelligent sensuality. Each collection marries innovative construction, with a consciousness of the form. Textiles are engineered to form sculptural embellishments.
We are seeking a reliable, resourceful, and self-motivated student to assist our Workroom team with making samples for the runway and special projects as our Workroom Intern. Through the duration of the internship, the student will industry experience and knowledge through sourcing, communicating with factories and vendors, and observing the design process from conceptualization to market. The ideal candidate is motivated to take initiative, detail-oriented, an effective communicator and has excellent project management skills.
- Deliver packages to and from the office and vendors/suppliers
- Assist the Workroom team and other cross-functional teams with all duties and responsibilities
- Source the garment district for raw materials and/or supplies as needed
- SAMPLE MAKING
- Prepare sample packages (including patterns, cut tickets, raw materials, etc.) for the atelier and local factories
- Review completed samples for quality and prepare them for the showroom and/or runway
- RAW MATERIALS
- Organize and maintain the raw material (fabric, trim, etc.) storage
- Maintain an accurate inventory of raw materials.
- Organize and archive patterns
- Update documents that track work in progress and inventory
- Photocopying and organizing documents
- Reliable transportation to downtown Manhattan within office hours (10a - 6.30p)
- Basic knowledge of fabrics, trims and garment construction
- Functional knowledge of Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite
- Must be able to stand, walk, sit or otherwise be physically active for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs
- Seeking a degree from an accredited college or university in a related field of study
- Must be a junior or senior in a degree program
- Must receive school credit for the internship
- Must be available for at least 3 weekdays and a minimum of 20 hours per week
- Must have a flexible schedule with the ability to work some evenings and weekends (only in preparation for market and/or show)
- Must be available for the duration of the semester
Please note that this is a college-credited internship, and we can only accept students who are currently enrolled.