The Solutions Architect - APAC will be responsible working with the teams across Asia Pacific, and China in particular, to design and deliver strategic solutions to enable growth and decrease our time to market. Seeking a natural born collaborator to drive a positive relationship between global and local teams while flexing work hours to gain overlap with your partners across Asia. Building common roadmaps and prioritize work from the regions for the central teams.
An in depth understanding of the Digital ecosystem in China is a must, as well as a broad understanding of the ecosystem in Korea, Japan and other key markets in Asia. You will have implemented Tmall, WeChat and other digital commerce solutions in China, and you will have a working understanding of PIPL and understand how that applies to solution design.
You will not be afraid to roll-up your sleeves and get in the detail of what you are delivering and will have done it many times. Responsibilities:
- Own the technical design and architecture of omnichannel projects, ensuring that they align with business goals and are modern, cloud-first, scalable, maintainable, and secure.
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams to define project scope and deliverables, and provide technical guidance and leadership using your ability to present technical ideas in user-friendly terms.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with our Enterprise Architects, internal teams, and third-party partners centrally, in China and Asia more generally for our digital and omni platforms to ensure that projects are delivered on time and to a high standard.
- Provide technical guidance and mentorship to the Digital team and those more junior, including training and transition to support as needed.
- Formulate roadmaps and strategies for groups of technologies, socialize them and bring the wider organization along on the journey of implementation, deployment, and adoption.
- Evaluating new technologies and platforms to identify opportunities for improvement and innovation while placing a strong emphasis on LVMH group preferred technologies with the goal of accelerating our pace of quality delivery.
- Stay up to date with industry trends and developments, and share knowledge with the rest of the team.
- Work with the security and data privacy teams to ensure compliance with data security and privacy mandates for trading sites.
- Have a high level of attention to detail.
- Extensive knowledge of development frameworks, system security measures, database management, web platforms along with a solid understanding of how to build supportable solutions by ‘keeping it simple'.
- Handle issue resolution between various global and regional teams/partners for project delivery and hypercare. You must be someone who wants to take ownership of this and only lays it down when everything is working flawlessly.
- Build and lead the plan and does what it takes to make it happen.
- Must be completely proficient in Mandarin and English and ideally have working ability in Japanese or Korean. This is non-negotiable.
- Strong experience as an IT Solutions Architect, with a demonstrable record of delivering complex digital projects in Asia including China. The ability to explain what you have done and how you did it.
- An extraordinarily positive outlook in meeting challenges and working to a high level regardless of the complexity of delivery.
- Extensive knowledge of digital commerce technologies and ideally experience working with Magento.
- Experience with local OMS solutions in China such as Shopex or OMS experience with IBM Sterling.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills, with the ability to partner successfully with cross-functional teams and third-party vendors.
- A strong attention to detail and commitment to delivering high quality solutions.
- A passion for staying up to date with the latest technology trends and best practices.
- 5+ years of IT experience with confirmed ability to take on additional scope over time.
- Experience with both waterfall and agile development methodologies with a good working understanding of both Jira and Confluence.
- Experience in working with multi-skilled digital teams (Solutions and Enterprise Architects, Project Managers, UX Designers, Software Engineers, and QA Engineers).
- A good understanding of business and technology transformation, agile software development and change.
- Someone who enjoys working as a mentor/teacher for less experienced people on the team, to make everyone the best team player possible.
- Someone who just wants to get sophisticated projects done and is willing to put in the effort to make them happen.