Sampling & Development Manager
SALONI is an independent contemporary woman’s fashion brand launched in 2010 which is headquartered in London with an office in Hong Kong. The company has built a strong international wholesale business (particularly in the USA) and has a successful and growing Direct to Consumer business through its own website.
The Sampling & Development Manager will be key support to the design team in translating design ideas into well-finished, luxury products. This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced and detail-orientated product developer, who thrives in a busy, multi-tasked environment, to join a dynamic creative team in all stages of development.
This is a full-time role, based in the company’s London Head Office.
• Reporting to the Head Designer, you will be working as a right hand to realise design ideas from approved sketches, through toiling stages, manage issuing for sampling with factories, and follow through development of each product to production handover.
• Plan, coordinate and execute all sampling once seasonal collection linesheets are confirmed, to ensure timely delivery of all sample sets.
• Responsible for overseeing sampling with all overseas and local factories.
• Manage work of sampling co-ordinators.
• Technical specs for samples and prototypes.
• Manage trim sourcing & development, as required.
• Liaise with in house Atelier/Pattern room to hand over styles, organise workflow and arrange development fittings.
• Updating of sketches after fittings, and co-ordinating information with Atelier, as required.
• Seasonal Critical Path - work closely with internal teams to co-ordinate seasonal deadlines.
• Working with Textile team on seasonal sampling fabric orders and sourcing of new qualities.
• Costing of each style ahead of market.
• Zedonk data entry.
Qualifications and Skills:
• BA or equivalent qualification - Creative background preferred.
• Software: Microsoft office (Excel), Adobe (Photoshop, Indesign, Illustrator), Zedonk.
• Clear knowledge of sampling processes, garment construction and finishings.
• Highly organised and can keep on top of a fast-paced day to day.
• Solutions-based thinker.
• Positive, can-do attitude.
• Hands on, able to work and lead well.
• Proven ability to execute and deliver to deadlines on time.
• 6+ years experience in a similar role in a luxury fashion company.
• Highly experienced in working with similar product categories (Dresses, Blouses, Skirts, Jumpsuits) & fabrications (Silks, Crepe) within woven womenswear.
• Knowledge of working with knitwear a plus.