Bloomingdale's makes fashion personal and fun, aspirational yet approachable. Our mission is to guide and inspire our customers to make
style a source of creative energy in their lives. We will always strive to make Bloomingdale's like no other store in the world. Everyone plays a critical
role to bring our mission to life. Regardless of position, we believe all colleagues have a voice and access to share their thoughts with every level of
leadership. Our colleagues are passionate, driven, entrepreneurial and collaborative. We welcome and embrace diversity of background, thought
and opinion while having a lot of fun along the way.Job Overview
As the RTV and accounts payable analyst for Bloomingdale's you will play a pivotal role in the efficient operation of our finance department. You will primarily be responsible for managing Return to Vendor (RTV) processes and assisting with Accounts Payable activities. By supporting merchant and store needs, you will ensure that vendors are properly paid for inbound receipts while ensuring reverse logistics functions move merchandise off our books accurately.Key Responsibilities:Return to Vendor (RTV) Management:
Accounts Payable Resolution
- Establish a time and action calendar for RTV processing and communicate this to our merchant and store partners
- Collaborate with merchants during RTV creation to trouble shoot problem RTVs for both stores and com
- Partner with Store and COM teams to ensure RTVs are processed timely and correctly to ensure financial onhands are removed
- Forecast RTV financial compliance and communicate to all levels of the organization
- Provide weekly processing report to stores and support them in their efforts to clear open BOLs reducing cosmetics and Fine jewelry shortage risk
- Maintain detailed records of all RTV transactions, partnering with Macys Invoice processing, merchants, and stores to resolve issues
Reverse Logistics Processing
- Leverage inventory results, merchant, and store callouts to investigate item file distortion caused by improper booking
- Manage store execution of direct store booking to ensure vendor payment and item file accuracy.
- Investigate under booking activity and resolve vendor payment issues as well as determining and correcting the cause of the under booking
- Investigate overbooking activity and prepare documentation to support vendor charge back for the product. Identify and resolve the root cause.
- Collaborate with corporate vendor services and make recommendations on vendor payment and charges based on disputes
- Prepare, process, and communicate Department Merchandise Transfers (DMT) to relieve item file and charge the proper accounting location
- Reduce the negative margin impact of damaged product through both proper CRC processes and partnership with store leadership in reducing damaged merchandise
- Set up, communicate, and resolve issues with our Jobout Program
- Support our Lux Customer initiative by processing merchandise give aways such as Lux Shoes.
- Collaborate with merchants and merch ops during stymove process to ensure vendor has available money on their trial balance to cover any stymove between categories
- Collaborate with the other members of the shortage control team throughout the year and during inventory to reduce company shortage and improve item integrity.
- Education/Experience: We encourage candidates with either a bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience in a related field to apply. 2-3 or more years' experience, preferably within the retail, distribution or finance fields
- Communication Skills: Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Possesses the ability to present complex information in an easy-to-understand manner
- Mathematical Skills: Strong mathematical skill set - ability to quickly identify correlations and out of balances, compute rates, ratios and percentages
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to manage workflow independently and effectively with minimal supervision. Highly analytical and strategic
- Physical Demands:This position involves regular walking, standing, hearing, and talking. May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching. Involves close vision, color vision, depth perception, and focus adjustment
- Other skills: Collaborative relationship builder who acts as a connector and influencer to promote dialogue that garners buy-in across various functions and teams. Creative problem solver, with strong negotiation skills Demonstrates maturity, and strong leadership presence with strong project management and multitasking skills. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Possesses the ability to present complex information in an easy-to-understand manner. Strong Excel skills (proficiency in pivot tables, v look-ups, and "if" statements). Ability to balance competing priorities. Strong follow-up skills and sense of urgency.
- Work Hours: Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and store/company needs