Maison Margiela is a Paris-based fashion house founded in 1988 by Belgian designer Martin Margiela. Celebrating unconventional aesthetics and embracing the philosophy that fashion is an art of expression rather than a cult of personality, Maison Margiela offers haute couture, ready-to-wear for women and men, contemporary line MM6, footwear, interior design, and accessories, including leather goods, fine jewelry and fragrance.
John Galliano was named Creative Director of the house in 2014, bringing his sense of spectacle and creative mastery to the unique ethos of Maison Margiela. Whilst developing his own vision for the house, John Galliano has entirely respected the Martin Margiela state of mind, creating a fascinating organic process.
In 2002, the French house became part of OTB. Along with sister brands of the group, Maison Margiela continues pushing the boundaries of modern fashion while preserving its distinctive identity and heritage.
The Operations Associate is responsible for processing all inventory and stock transactions accurately and quickly to contribute to the store team's achievement of store sales goals. Also, responsible for store replenishment and maintaining a clean and organized stockroom.
Role and Responsibilities
- Support store sales productivity and customer service by processing all inventory transactions accurately and on a timely basis
- Maintain knowledge and understanding of store goals
- Understand and abide by all retail policies and procedures
- Maintain a positive, professional and customer-centric attitude
- Assure merchandise is represented on sales floor according to company standards and update store team regarding new deliveries
- Communicate product stock level issues to management as appropriate
- Examine and inspect store stock for defects and report damages to management
- Complete weekly cycle counts and communicate completion end of month to corporate office
- Reconcile inventory discrepancies and submit adjustments in a timely manner
- Daily monitoring of consignment and negative report
- Report and follow up with IT and corporate office all unresolved service tickets with store equipment, software etc.
- Process incoming and outgoing shipments via best store/RPro and FedEx/UPS; Ensure merchandise has been verified and received within 24 hours and handled with the utmost care
- Follow all store opening and closing procedures
- Maintain a clean and organized stockroom at all times. Shift as needed according to men and woman styles and readable available for sales colleagues
- Follow daily and weekly cleaning procedure to ensure department and store are consistently clean to company standards
- Display leadership qualities by helping develop newly acquired staff understanding job requirements, policies and procedures
- Daily monitor and processing of orders via online platform
The physical demands described must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential
functions of this job. Marni / Margiela / Jil Sander is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Reasonable accommodations may be made as needed to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions
- Required to stand and walk for up to eight hours in a workday
- Repetitive and regular lifting of up to 70 lbs
- Repetitive climbing up and down of stairs and ladders
- The following vision abilities are required: close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Customer/Client Focus
- Teamwork Orientation
- Communication Proficiency
- Previous retail customer service experience in luxury market
- Excellent customer services skills
- 3+ years in high-volume stock or operations role for fashion retailer
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs