We believe that difference sparks brilliance, so we welcome people and ideas from everywhere to join us in stretching what's possible.
At Tapestry, being true to yourself is core to who we are. When each of us brings our individuality to our collective ambition, our creativity is unleashed. This global house of brands - Coach, Kate Spade New York, Stuart Weitzman - was built by unconventional entrepreneurs and unexpected solutions, so when we say we believe in dreams, we mean we believe in making them happen. We're always on a journey to becoming our best, but you can count on this: Here, your voice is valued, your ambitions are supported, and your work is recognized.
A member of the Tapestry family, we are part of a global house of brands that has unwavering optimism and is committed to being innovative and wholly inclusive. Visit Our People
page to learn more about Tapestry's commitment to equity, inclusion, and diversity. Primary Purpose:
The Director of Investor Relations will be an instrumental member of the Investor Relations team, supporting the development and execution of a best-in-class, strategic investor relations program at Tapestry, Inc. Specifically, this role will report to the Global Head of Investor Relations and support enhancing the investment community's understanding of the Company's differentiated business model, strategic growth opportunities, and financial results. In addition to partnering and supporting the Global Head of Investor Relations (IR), and IR team members, this role will have opportunities to liaise with senior leadership, including the Company's CEO, CFO & COO, General Counsel and brand management teams and also Tapestry's Financial Reporting, Strategy, Corporate Communications, and Legal teams. The successful individual will leverage their proficiency in finance and communications to:
The accomplished individual will possess:
- Play a key role in developing analytics and messaging to support Tapestry's strategic investor relations program and support the strategic vision of IR.
- Support the creation of all quarterly earnings-related materials, including press releases, call commentary, Q&A, investor presentation, and key messages.
- Partner to facilitate the data collection process across the organization in support of the Company's earnings results and external communications, with an attention to detail, focus on accuracy, and ability to translate complex information sets into actionable insights.
- Assist in preparation of documents for filings and disclosures to be compliant with SEC regulations (i.e., 8-Ks, 10-Ks, 10-Qs, proxies).
- Coordinate and manage investor relations calendar, including playing a role analyzing the Company's shareholder base to determine which investors and markets to target for upcoming meetings.
- Help track financial performance across the consumer discretionary sector, gaining in-depth knowledge of the industry, marketing, and consumer trends, and synthesize insights internally and externally.
- Monitor shareholder base and stock price performance; support Board of Directors updates.
- Assist in writing strategic and business-related ad hoc press releases, as needed.
- With Direction from leadership and other IR team members, manage the Company's investor relations website.
- Support Annual General Meeting preparation and proxy-related outreach to shareholders.
- Partner with leadership and other IR team members in development and execution of analyst and investor perception studies, using key insights to inform the Company's go-forward communication and business strategies, as applicable.
- Help drive continuous improvement efforts across the Investor Relations team.
- Partner with the ESG team in reviewing and editing the Company's annual Corporate Responsibility report and help to communicate Tapestry's Fabric of Change strategy to shareholders.
- BS or BA in Business, Finance, Economics or related field.
- 10+ years of relevant professional experience, including progressive experience in equity research, investment management, investor relations, or investment banking; prior experience in the retail/apparel/fashion/consumer industry would be strongly valued. (Preferred)
- Strong project management, problem solving and analytical skills, both qualitative and quantitative, with ability to structure analysis, synthesize and interpret business data.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (English), including the ability to influence and work successfully with varied audiences and executives.
- Highly organized and thoughtful with exceptional analytical and quantitative problem-solving skills.
- Strong ability to read and understand financial statements.
- Ability to cultivate key relationships to successfully understand and articulate the company's messaging.
- Strong research and analytical skills, and working knowledge of standard office software (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams), in addition to IR Insights and AlphaSense.
- Passion, curiosity, and an entrepreneurial spirt.
- Experience and excellence in partnering/customer service, working with people of all levels in an organization.
- Ability to maintain composure and effectiveness in a fast-paced environment while being professionally assertive when appropriate.
- High attention to detail to create executive level materials.
- Strong collaborator, with ability to rapidly adapt to changes in environment and priorities.
Our Competencies for All Employees
Our Competencies for All People Managers
- Courage: Doesn't hold back anything that needs to be said; provides current, direct, complete, and "actionable" positive and corrective feedback to others; lets people know where they stand; faces up to people problems on any person or situation (not including direct reports) quickly and directly; is not afraid to take negative action when necessary.
- Creativity: Comes up with a lot of new and unique ideas; easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions; tends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings.
- Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Dealing with Ambiguity: Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; isn't upset when things are up in the air; doesn't have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
- Drive for Results: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Interpersonal Savvy: Relates well to all kinds of people, up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
- Learning on the Fly: Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything.
- Strategic Agility: Sees ahead clearly; can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately; has broad knowledge and perspective; is future oriented; can articulately paint credible pictures and visions of possibilities and likelihoods; can create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans.
- Developing Direct Reports and Others: Provides challenging and stretching tasks and assignments; holds frequent development discussions; is aware of each person's career goals; constructs compelling development plans and executes them; pushes people to accept developmental moves; will take on those who need help and further development; cooperates with the developmental system in the organization; is a people builder.
- Building Effective Teams: Blends people into teams when needed; creates strong morale
and spirit in his/her team; shares wins and successes; fosters open dialogue; lets people finish and be responsible for their work; defines success in terms of the whole team; creates a feeling of belonging in the team.
Tapestry, Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and we pride ourselves on hiring and developing the best people. All employment decisions (including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, transfer, training, discipline and termination) are based on the applicant's or employee's qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration. These decisions are made without regard to age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic characteristics, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or any other legally-recognized protected basis prohibited by applicable law. Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Tapestry, Inc. will provide applicants and employees with reasonable accommodation for disabilities or religious beliefs. If you require reasonable accommodation to complete the application process, please contact Tapestry People Services at 1-855-566-9264 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit Tapestry, Inc. at http://www.tapestry.com/
Work setup: Hybrid BASE PAY RANGE $155,000.00 TO $180,000.00 Annually
Click Here - U.S Corporate Compensation & Benefit