For the past 22 years, we've committed ourselves and our brand to a single aim: to empower all women and girls. Inspiration. Collaboration. Connection. Inclusivity. It's what we do best, and we're on the hunt for people who share our passion for leading an active lifestyle, growing personally as well as professionally, and creating game-changing products and experiences.
We use business as a force for good by putting people and the planet right up there with profit, which is why Athleta is a certified B Corp. Ready to make a move? Join us. Because we know that alone we're strong, but together we're unstoppable.About the Role
About This Team
At Athleta, ourmissionis to ignite a community of active, confident women and girls who empower each other to reach their true potential. We're looking for those who continually push themselves to be their best while celebrating inclusivity and diversity, sustainability, innovation, and equality. We create product with women and their active lifestyles in mind, designing with the customer at the center of every decision we make. We work as a highly collaborative team and recognize the value of driving towards a higher purpose.
About the Role
Reporting directly to the Head of inventory, Merchandising & Production, and a critical member of the Athleta Brand Product leadership team , this role will lead the innovation and evolution of Visual Merchandising strategies. This role will have influence over window design, all visual merchandising throughout our fleet, retail marketing strategies, and will participate in shaping the concept and roll-out of the Athleta retail ecosystem of the future (e.g. flagship, broader store set, pop-ups, etc.). This leader will work very closely with the Field Visual leader and teams. The HQ Visual Merchandising Team will report directly into them.What You'll Do
- Lead the Visual Merchandising team
- Deliver beautifully integrated merchandise stories that deliver on Athlet's core activities and our merchandising architecture
- Lead the collaboration with Merchandising, Design in the pre-season process to create the seasonal assortment and develop Retail specific marketing strategies
- Kick off and own brand-level projects with the Brand Creative, Marketing, Design and Merch Teams to concept disruptive and innovative window and in-store presentations, including concepting of any localized marketing needs
- Build constructive and effective relationships with key cross-functional business partners including Marketing, Planning + Allocation, Store Design, Merchandising, Design and Field to align support of Visual Merchandising and Brand Creative initiatives
- Lead strong relationships with the Field Visual team and have a strong focus on both elevating the brand and creating an in-store experience that is best-in-class, inspired by the customer
- React to in-season business and commercial planning needs leveraging partnerships with Field Visual and Omnichannel partners to move the traction of the business forward
- Work with the Store design and A+E teams to impact new store openings and any new fixture rollouts
- Work with Retail production on the building of annual budgets and in season forecasting work
- Develop and execute on an annual retail marketing goals in concert with the Retail Brand Marketing Manager
Who You Are
- Facilitate change leadership that is required in a fast-moving, high-growth brand
Benefits at Athleta
- Proven track record building Visual Merchandising strategies and executing them across a multi-layered fleet (stores from multiple generations) for a design-led brand
- Ability to lead highly effective teams; Strong skill level in motivating, leading, and influencing others
- Strategic agility; can anticipate future trends accurately and can create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans
- Strong conceptual and innovation management skills, with good judgment about which creative ideas will work and how they will play out in the marketplace
- Strong command and presentation skills with strong ability to interface with Leadership Teams effectively
- Highly organized and able to effectively balance the creative and operational needs of the role
- Excellent Collaboration and Influencing Skills; able to communicate effectively through verbal and written communication with cross-functional partners at all levels
- Background in a fashion-related industry preferred; experience leading with an innovative brand in high-growth mode, or a highly visible brand going through an evolution, is a plus
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. In 2022, we were recognized by Forbes as one of the World's Best Employers and one of the Best Employers for Diversity.
Salary Range: $156,400 - $207,200 USD
Employee pay will vary based on factors such as qualifications, experience, skill level, competencies and work location. We will meet minimum wage or minimum of the pay range (whichever is higher) based on city, county and state requirements.US Candidates
Please note that effective, June 30, 2022, Gap Inc. will no longer require any of its employees to wear face masks or require proof of COVID vaccination, unless required by local or state/provincial mandates or as part of Gap Inc's quarantine guidelines after being exposed to or testing positive for COVID. Therefore, please disregard any language in any job posting that refers to Gap Inc.'s face mask and proof of vaccination policy as said policy is no longer effective.