The Key Account Manager will support the Senior Brand Manager developing Elemis and Erborian brands across Sephora Middle East.
They will build momentum on strong retail / online development and expansion strategy, including negotiating and planning on how best to partner, optimize key levers, and competitive trade-offs within Sephora network (trade and online activity calendar, assortment planning, SKU rationalization, sell-out data analysis, responsibility for sell-in, stock management, commercial conditions).
What you'll be doing
The Key account manager will develop strong relationships with Sephora category management and support teams to push the brand across the network, and lead negotiation in terms of visibility, doors, exclusivity and margin conditions.
- Prepare and lead strategic meetings and account negotiations with retailer and marketing teams to ensure right commercial conditions, sell in orders and POS sell out
- Build a full trade activity plan with the marketing team following brand priorities and novelty launches (in store and online visibility, GWPs, sampling, promotions)
- Contribute to the commercial vision by sharing account perspective, risks and opportunities.
- Negotiate targets and locations with development team supported by the sales manager and marketing team
- Foster & develop e-retail channel business together with Sephora (assortment, check out sampling, e-comm pages and visibility)
- Conduct monthly/quarterly business reviews with Sephora to align on business development
- Work alongside the cross-functional sales, marketing, digital, operations, and finance teams
- Plan assortment for each market & responsible for uploading listing information and maintaining the Sephora brand portal for new launches, Phase In Phase Out information & regulatory updates for active SKU, as well as manage the deactivation of discontinued SKU
- Be responsible for the overall stock levels and ensure appropriate product mix of stock is available in the stores/online by assuring timely ordering, proactively monitoring and resolving low or out of stock conditions
- Suggest orders for clients based on their SOH and sales
- Coordinate with the logistics team on the shipping date and method, align on the testers needs with the sales manager
- Prepare on a monthly basis the estimated stock accruals (destruction, returns, promotions etc.) and minimize the returns
- Monitor the returns, aging stock, issuing invoices/credit notes in collaboration with Logistics and Finance teams
- Ensure the timely collection of invoice payments
- Monitor profitability of the account and manage Sephora P&L
SALES, BUDGET AND REPORTING
- Prepare and provide weekly, monthly & quarterly forecast as per the annual plan with the supply chain team
- Setup the yearly strategic plan and budgets (net sales and commercial expenses) of brands
- Plan the commercial investments in coordination with marketing teams (CAPEX, BAs, incentive, uniforms etc.)
- Analyse on a weekly and monthly basis the sell out and sell in update reports per brand with expected landing
- Provide an up-to-date availability stock and consumption level reports within the plan scope on a weekly basis
- Manage the sales manager and help them coach, guide, motivate, and set up objectives of the BCs to achieve the objectives of the region with the sales manager
- Support the sales manager strengthen the relationship with the retailer to achieve common objectives
- Build incentive plans, training calendar and sell out targets for the BCs
What you need to succeed
At least 5 years of working experience in the sales field in the consumer goods industry is required for this position. Solid sales experience with a track record of developing customers and people. Strong knowledge of the commercial fundamentals and having a strong customer centric approach.
The Key Account Manager should have strong leadership and relationship skills, be able to analyse data and sales numbers, and have strong decision-making abilities. The position requires the ability to be self-motivated and customer-focused.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in sales management preferably in retail environment
- Able to travel
- Strong analytical capability
- Previous experience with regional exposure in Middle East region
- Previous experience dealing with Sephora or a key account role is preferred
- Strong negotiation skills / Perseverant
- Entrepreneurial thinking / Figure oriented, retail oriented and P&L knowledge
- Outgoing personality, with good networking and influencing skills
- Growth mindset that translates into a passion for beauty and retail experience in a fun, fresh way
What we can offer you
With us, you will turn your aspirations into reality. We will help shape your journey through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities and exposure to different assignments within your role or through internal mobility. Our Group offers diverse career paths for those who are extraordinary, every day.
We recognise the value that you bring, and we strive to provide a competitive benefits package which includes health care, child education contribution, remote and flexible working policies as well as exclusive employee discounts.
We Invite All Applicants to Apply
It Takes Diversity Of Thought, Culture, Background, Differing Abilities and Perspectives to truly Inspire, Exhilarate and Delight our customers. At Chalhoub Group, we are committed to inclusion and diversity.
We welcome all applicants to apply and be part of our exciting future. We ensure equal opportunity for all our applicants without regard to gender, age, race, religion, national origin or disability status.
Department RETAIL & DISTRIBUTION