About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea-that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms-is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our teamis made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.About the Role
The Communications Manager will play an important role in developing and implementing strategic employee communication programs and storytelling for our People + Culture organization. The successful candidate is someone who is comfortable working with cross-functional people teams, including Talent Management, HR Operations, Equality & Belonging, and Employee Enablement, while also managing the team's communication platforms and processes. This role will report into the Director, People Communications within the People + Culture team.What You'll Do
Who You Are
- Build and manage proactive communications plans - including content, execution timelines, and distribution strategies - for HR and Talent milestones, including quarterly performance conversations, year-end rewards, employee surveys and more.
- Master our communications platforms and tools, including MailChimp, Zipline, Workday and XTM (for translations)
- Oversee Gap Inc. distribution lists and collaborate with tech function to ensure accuracy
- Closely partner with Store Operations to forecast messages for store employees
- Provide support for Equality & Belonging storytelling, most notably during heritage months
- Partner with Corporate Operations to ensure that employees are aware of any pertinent building activity, including outages and/or construction
- Create and manage project timelines to ensure deadlines are met and events run seamlessly.
- Understand business priorities, company values and industry trends to shape audience-relevant communications.
- Use metrics and reporting to track internal results, measure effectiveness, and identify needs: measure and track results; prepare presentations and reports for executives; and leverage results to make recommendations and refine communications approach.
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- An individual contributor who is curious about our business, has a passion for people-related work, and is confident and responsive working with executives.
- Minimum 5 years of directly relevant experience knowledge, skills and abilities; in-house Corporate Communications and HR experience preferred.
- Superb, persuasive writing skills, experience on an executive communications team, and proficient at executive presentations and reports.
- Highly organized with acute attention to detail and proven track record of working in a cross-functional communications environment.
- Demonstrated agility with juggling multiple projects under deadline, optimizing resources and self-prioritizing work.
- Creative and innovative; ability to move from concept to ideation to execution; strong bias for action
- Experienced in using PowerPoint and Mailchimp, as well as defining KPIs and showcasing data-driven results.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. In 2022, we were recognized by Forbes as one of the World's Best Employers and one of the Best Employers for Diversity.
Salary Range: $106,700 - $141,400 USD
Employee pay will vary based on factors such as qualifications, experience, skill level, competencies and work location. We will meet minimum wage or minimum of the pay range (whichever is higher) based on city, county and state requirements.US Candidates
Please note that effective, June 30, 2022, Gap Inc. will no longer require any of its employees to wear face masks or require proof of COVID vaccination, unless required by local or state/provincial mandates or as part of Gap Inc's quarantine guidelines after being exposed to or testing positive for COVID. Therefore, please disregard any language in any job posting that refers to Gap Inc.'s face mask and proof of vaccination policy as said policy is no longer effective.