SUMMARY: The DTC Assistant Planner will partner with the Director, Planning in developing the financial and strategic vision for Alexander Wang global retail stores, ecommerce and online marketplace businesses through retail sales and KPIs, inventory management and financial reporting.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to:
- Manage and update fiscal SKU, division and department level OTB documents and review opportunities and risks with DTC planning team on a monthly basis.
- Update and manage sales and inventory for Core and Carryover Styles and project out needs for future seasons.
- Partner with Director, Planning to ensure Seasonal OTBs and Purchasing Plans are aligned in advance of 4 markets a year.
- Responsible for actualizing and reforecasting weekly sales and retail KPIs, in partnership with each channel manager.
- Monitor and share business insights, sales trends and opportunities with DTC team on an ongoing basis.
- Meet regularly with DTC team to advise on reorder opportunities.
- Partner with IT for Business Intelligence requirements and reporting needs.
- Assist Director, Planning with inventory management and global pricing projects.
Provides strategic analyses not limited to:
- Strategic presentations for senior management, including OTB, Budget and Reforecast presentations, in partnership with DTC team.
- Monthly global inventory reviews.
- Monthly target planning meetings/budget revisions.
Leads financial reporting and planning:
- Weekly Sales and Inventory reports and forecasts (KPI report, sales target planning)
- Monthly OTB reports
- Seasonal market-prep
- EOS inventory analysis
POSITION REQUIREMENTS :
- Minimum Education: 4 Year degree.
- At least 1+ years of experience in planning, allocation, buying, finance or consulting (vertical fashion or CPG brand experience preferred).
- Proficiency in Excel required. Experience in RLM or ERP systems preferred.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Financial mindset.
- Analytical and strategic thinking skills.
- Planning and allocation experience preferred.
- Developed presentation, public speaking and communication skills.
- Strong organizational and follow through skills.
- Ability to interact with all levels of management.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team.
- Capable of challenging the status quo.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/D/F/V
In compliance with the New York City salary transparency requirements, the potential salary for this position is from $65,000 to $70,000, which represents a range commensurate with experience, knowledge, and skills required.