On-Running, the most exciting and fastest growing global sportswear brand, is expanding its Tech Center in the heart of Berlin and we're looking for an DevOps Engineer. You will work in an agile and cross-functional team closely together with development teams on infrastructure and tools needed to run our products in a reliable, efficient and secure manner by implementing, advising and advocating the well-known DevOps principles.
As a DevOps Engineer, your role involves developing reliable, scalable infrastructure, ensuring high availability, and system integrity across environments. With an empathetic and compassionate approach, you'll be focused on fostering an efficient, collaborative environment that supports our customers and fellow engineers. You'll integrate automation tools, define deployment procedures, and troubleshoot complex system issues, balancing the need for stability and innovation in our fast-paced ecosystem. You'll be a key player in leveraging our technology, driving our company's success by empowering developer experience with robust, user-friendly platforms and tools.
- Understanding our infrastructure setup, software development processes, and the tools we use.
- Start contributing to the team's daily tasks and helping with support requests.
- Identify and pursue opportunities to simplify and optimize our systems and processes, emphasizing efficiency and autonomy.
- Begin actively contributing to infrastructure changes and improvements, drawing on your expertise to improve system performance and reliability.
- Take the lead on a major project designed to significantly enhance our infrastructure management, showcasing your initiative and strategic capabilities.
- Start providing training and knowledge-sharing sessions to enrich our team's skills.
- Autonomy in providing responsive and effective troubleshooting and actively contributing to our short and medium-term planning
- 4+ years of experience as a DevOps Engineer or Site Reliability Engineer
- You are proficient in managing Azure cloud services (serverless, service bus, active directory, API Management, SQL)
- Experience with monitoring highly available systems (NewRelic, DataDog, Prometheus)
- Highly proficient in writing docker files and working with containerized environments.
- You're familiar with infrastructure as code, having developed and maintained Terraform modules for reusable infrastructure.
- Experience building and managing CI/CD systems and helping developers with continuous testing processes (Github actions, ArgoCD, Jenkins)
- Hands-on with glue-scripting solutions using one of the following: Shell Script, Bash or Golang.
- Experience with more cloud providers such as Amazon or GCP
- Implementing Azure-based monitoring and alerting solutions to ensure the availability and performance of Azure resources and applications
- Experience working in a highly collaborative environment with constant communication with business stakeholders as well as with product and engineering teams.
- Basic security knowledge and ways to make the current infrastructure more robust through constant testing and implementing best practices
Meet The Team
The DevOps team embraces innovation and adaptability to streamline processes and reinforce system resilience. The team is committed to maintaining internal applications, managing/building scalable infrastructure, and facilitating continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD), significantly contributing to our company's stability and exponential growth. The team is also responsible for promoting DevOps and best practices within the company.
What We Offer
On is a place that is centered around growth and progress. We offer an environment designed to give people the tools to develop holistically - to stay active, to learn, explore and innovate. Our distinctive approach combines a supportive, team-oriented atmosphere, with access to personal self-care for both physical and mental well-being, so each person is led by purpose.
On is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating a work environment that is fair and inclusive, where all decisions related to recruitment, advancement, and retention are free of discrimination.