At Burberry, we believe creativity opens spaces. Our purpose is to unlock the power of imagination to push boundaries and open new possibilities for our people, our customers and our communities. This is the core belief that has guided Burberry since it was founded in 1856 and is central to how we operate as a company today.
We aim to provide an environment for creative minds from different backgrounds to thrive, bringing a wide range of skills and experiences to everything we do. As a purposeful, values-driven brand, we are committed to being a force for good in the world as well, creating the next generation of sustainable luxury for customers, driving industry change and championing our communities.JOB PURPOSE
Reporting to the Global Customer Service Director, the Global Senior Aftersales Manager is responsible for providing Burberry customers with a unique, luxury experience while managing end to end customer enquiries on a range of aftercare experiences in store as well as via phone, e-mail and chat.
A pro-active and high profile role that interacts with many key areas of the business, production team, Merchandise, Retail, the regional Repair Centres and customers worldwide. The aim of the role is to improve after sales management, effectiveness and efficiency, and to actively contribute to quality enhancement.
In line with Burberry's values, you will be an enthusiastic advocate for the brand, using your knowledge and expertise to cultivate relationships that enhance brand loyalty and actively contribute to sales revenue. RESPONSIBILITIESService and Customer Experience
- End-to-End Ownership: Take complete ownership of the after-sales operation, from initiation to resolution. Escalate issues to the relevant stakeholders when necessary. Continuously work on process improvements Through teams, deliver world class luxury Aftersales Customer Service.
- KPI Reporting: Manage and maintain detailed KPI reports for the after-sales department. These reports should encompass volumes, lead times, return percentages, and costs. Regularly liaise with relevant departments to ensure smooth operations and foster a collaborative working environment. Monitor customer satisfaction and take necessary actions. Publish monthly KPI reports for Senior Management and on the intranet website.
- Support escalated cases to conclusion, liaising with relevant teams across Customer Service, Retail, Supply Chain, Legal, IM, BM etc.
- Project Management of Global Aftersales Project; working to re-engineer global aftersales processes, establish SLAs, developing local repair network, understanding regional variations in customer behaviours, creating clear logistics procedures with cost saving opportunities, formation of global aftersales policy and clear guidelines for aftersales best practices.
- Manage expansion & the execution of aftercare services through the team.
- Product Quality Enhancement: Utilize technical and product knowledge to identify potential product issues and material testing requirements. Collect and disseminate accurate and detailed notes for follow-up and preventive action. Escalate critical issues to relevant stakeholders.
- Technical Support: Offer technical support and advice to all parts of the business, ensuring a consistent company approach is available to all staff and consumers.
- Large-Scale Returns: Coordinate larger scale returns for quality-related reasons across the business.
- Component Coordination: Manage worldwide component orders and stock forecasts.
- Repair Partner Relationship: Maintain a strong relationship with repair companies, providing them with the tools to enhance customer service levels. Understand any technical challenges they may face with repairs and in managing the components and leather skins they stock. Monitor component ordering, turnaround times, and quality.
- Be an enthusiastic advocate for the brand, using your knowledge to cultivate relationships that enhance brand loyalty and actively contribute to increased sales revenue.
- Identify and coach team on opportunities relating to aftercare and customer satisfaction.
- With team, create long-term customer relationships through clientelling activities including outreach, follow up and appointment booking.
Process and Policy
- Work closely with Retail, Merchandise, quality & Re-burberry team.
- Partners with stakeholders/other colleagues/global team. Building a network of other business areas to support programme roll out, ad hoc pilot activity and sustained performance through post implementation.
- Participation in technical reviews of new collection products with development/merchandise teams to identify risks, understand possible component requirements and product construction.
- Builds network across other regions, alongside the Global Customer Service Director, to support best practice sharing and strengthening performance through regular contact activity.
- Quality Meetings: Schedule regular or quarterly quality meetings with all the regions to ensure alignment and continuous improvement.
- Provides support on operational activities related to the continuous update of the Global Aftersales policy and guidelines.
- Policy Compliance: Ensure adherence to both local and global after-sales policies. Address any areas where policies are not being followed and provide support and training to ensure all regions comply with the global policy.
- Confidently makes decisions to resolve customer issues in a timely and professional manner.
Carries out any additional duties as neededPERSONAL PROFILE
- Lead, Coaches, develops and performance manages the team to deliver exceptional service through all interactions and channels.
- Ensures the CS Aftersales Consultants located across the region feel part of one team and share best practice across - drives team ethic to inspire high performance.
- Synchronising all regions to create uniformly high standards of service and data clarity to produce global quality reports.
- Deliver world class, luxury Customer Service, considering the moments of truth for each customer.
- Is commercially focused and inspires team in the same - making sound decisions in all areas to consider the customer, business and people.
- Passion for delivering amazing service to customers.
- Ambassador for brand and product.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to work collaboratively.
- Demonstrates initiative through proactive approach.
- Demonstrates a positive attitude.
- Resilience to overcome difficult conversations.
- Strong understanding of Aftersales Customer needs and Customer (both internal and external) priorities.
- Strong understanding of technical challenges of shoes and leather goods.
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and with precision.
- Excellent organisational skills with an ability to deal with conflicting priorities with ease.
- Ability to project an approachable and professional image in personal appearance, manner, and demeanour.