At Burberry, we believe creativity opens spaces. Our purpose is to unlock the power of imagination to push boundaries and open new possibilities for our people, our customers and our communities. This is the core belief that has guided Burberry since it was founded in 1856 and is central to how we operate as a company today.
We aim to provide an environment for creative minds from different backgrounds to thrive, bringing a wide range of skills and experiences to everything we do. As a purposeful, values-driven brand, we are committed to being a force for good in the world as well, creating the next generation of sustainable luxury for customers, driving industry change and championing our communities. JOB PURPOSE
As a Lease Accountant
at Burberry, you will be responsible for the Record to Report ("RTR") processes, with a focus on Property for UK&I, EMEIA and Americas tasks within the Burberry Finance function. Working in line with Burberry Group Policies, IFRS and local GAAP requirements, this is a key role in ensuring our Property portfolio is financially maintained and reported on correctly. You'll actively participate in the development of the wider Burberry Finance team, as well as working to improve processes within our Finance function, leading to improved efficiency and effectiveness in our accounting activities.This Lease Accountant role is offered on a full time, permanent basis and is offered with hybrid working from our Queen Street, Leeds office for 2 days per week.RESPONSIBILITIES
- Preparing and undertaking of RTR transactions, including accruals, prepayments and Group IFRS 16 journals
- Reconciliation and preparation of RTR balances and reports
- Month end processes, including:
- Journal preparation and execution
- Agreement of P&L and Balance Sheet positions
- Reconciliation/confirmation of specific balance sheet accounts, including sub-ledger accounts (e.g. Property including Fixed Assets & Leases)
- Completion of variance analysis with supporting commentary
- Preparation of monthly rent payments and quarterly sales submission
- Completion of half year and year end additional financial information
- Preparing analysis for and supporting audit activities
- Responding to ad hoc queries, proactively working with the wider Finance team to ensure effective resolution
- Ensuring compliance with the Group Policies, including operation of internal controls over financial reporting
- Qualified accountant, or part-qualified accountant (CIMA/ACCA/ACA)
- Practical experience within an accounting function, either industry or practice, ideally from a large international business within a share services function
- Multicurrency environment exposure and understanding the impact of movements in exchange rates on reported results would be useful but not essential
- Excellent Excel skills with experience of working with large data sets
- SAP experience (specifically BPC) useful
- Requires good understanding of IT systems and processes.
- Can provide evidence of working collaboratively with peers.
- Role may require work on some weekend/public holidays during half year and year end periods
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.