Maison Margiela is a Paris-based fashion house founded in 1988 by Belgian designer Martin Margiela. Celebrating unconventional aesthetics and embracing the philosophy that fashion is an art of expression rather than a cult of personality, Maison Margiela offers haute couture, ready-to-wear for women and men, contemporary line MM6, footwear, interior design, and accessories, including leather goods, fine jewelry and fragrance.
John Galliano was named Creative Director of the house in 2014, bringing his sense of spectacle and creative mastery to the unique ethos of Maison Margiela. Whilst developing his own vision for the house, John Galliano has entirely respected the Martin Margiela state of mind, creating a fascinating organic process.
In 2002, the French house became part of OTB. Along with sister brands of the group, Maison Margiela continues pushing the boundaries of modern fashion while preserving its distinctive identity and heritage.
The Store Manager is responsible for establishing and maintaining clientel, oversees and is accountable for the operation of the store ensuring maximum sales and profitability through merchandise, inventory, expense control, human resources management, and managing operating costs. Moreover, the Store Manager takes a proactive approach to business trends and needs.
Role and Responsibilities
• Maintain a full understanding of the business strategy and action to achieve sales and financial goals and targets.
• Build store strategy and annual action plan that indicates roadmap of expected sales and financial achievements.
• Communicate and track store sales and Key Performance Indicators (KPI's) providing context and rationale for business sales results.
• Review store schedules weekly to ensure appropriate coverage and payroll management.
• Ensure the store achieves expense budgets through monitoring and controlling expense items.
• Review profit and loss reports monthly and develop action plans to address expense controls as needed.
• Participate in all aspects of store operations, including recruiting and training store associates, co-coordinating store logistics, and working with store team to ensure store is fully operational.
Training & Development
• Foster an inspiring environment for engagement and learning that empowers people to realize their full potential.
• Responsible for recruitment of all store personnel.
• Ensure store team is trained in all aspects of their job responsibilities and focused on their store's business objectives and strategies.
• Train store in new and existing policies and procedures.
• Identify strengths and areas of development of store personnel.
• Customer Service
• Ensure staff is trained on customer service standards to provide a stellar customer experience.
• Ensure clientele processes are being held to a high standard within stores.
• Lead and follow up on clientele program. Ensure all sales professionals are developing and re-taining long term clients.
• Develop and increase existing customer database.
• Ensure CRM is delivered within the Company standards.
• Work with direct supervisor and the store team to ensure customer issues are resolved to the customers' satisfaction.
• Maximize efficiency and protect business integrity by applying Store Operation policies and procedures provided by Home Office.
• Ensure efficient management of staff floor coverage and a high level of productivity by utilizing the Scheduling Tools provided.
• Effectively manage store head count and payroll budgets as given by the Company.
• Utilize all tools and proactively plan schedules to maximize business potential.
• Responsible for a well maintained, clean and organized store to support efficient operations and a comfortable shopping experience.
• Responsible for accuracy in all POS transactions along with cash handling and banking procedures.
• Ensure all staff members are properly trained in handling POS transactions.
• Responsible for adhering to all banking/accounting policies.
• Lead and monitor store merchandise standards to ensure they are in-line with the Company's direction.
• Conduct daily/weekly/monthly analysis of business and product reports to properly understand and react to any business/merchandising changes.
• Slow seller/best seller management: collaboration with the Company to emphasize commercial store needs.
• Partner with visual associate to effectively manage merchandising to achieve maximized sales.
• Ensure all visual standards/guidelines (criteria and quantities) are implemented effectively and product/display presentations are maintained per standards/guidelines.
The physical demands described must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential
functions of this job:
• Required to stand and walk for up to eight hours in a workday.
• Required to lift and or move up to 50 pounds.
• Required to be able to engage in the following activities: Bending, stooping, reaching, twisting, grasping, pinching, reaching/lifting above shoulders in a repetitive manner; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear; and work with cleaning solutions.
•The following vision abilities are required: close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
• Financial Management.
• Ethical Conduct.
• Customer/Client Focus.
• Learning Orientation.
• Performance Management.
• Communication Proficiency.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
• Previous retail customer service experience in luxury market.
• Previous client book preferred.
• Excellent customer services skills.
• Previous keyholder experience preferred.
• 4-year degree and/or equivalent combination of work experience.
• Experience in luxury / high-end clienteling environment.
• Elevated market awareness and networking skills
• Multi-unit management experience preferred.
Salary range: $90k-100k