Ralph Lauren Corporation (NYSE:RL) is a global leader in the design, marketing and distribution of premium lifestyle products in five categories: apparel, accessories, home, fragrances, and hospitality. For more than 50 years, Ralph Lauren's reputation and distinctive image have been consistently developed across an expanding number of products, brands and international markets. The Company's brand names, which include Ralph Lauren, Ralph Lauren Collection, Ralph Lauren Purple Label, Polo Ralph Lauren, Double RL, Lauren Ralph Lauren, Polo Ralph Lauren Children, Chaps, among others, constitute one of the world's most widely recognized families of consumer brands. At Ralph Lauren, we unite and inspire the communities within our company as well as those in which we serve by amplifying voices and perspectives to create a culture of belonging, ensuring inclusion, and fairness for all. We foster a culture of inclusion through: Talent, Education & Communication, Employee Groups and Celebration.
This position provides critical, day-to-day administrative support for an executive including - but not limited to - calendar management, travel arrangements, tracking & submission of expenses, creating & updating documents, supporting with presentations, and communicating with a host of internal colleagues & external partners. This position also supports the Brand Communications team on various press initiatives as needed including but not limited to press reporting and recapping, drafting key press materials, news monitoring, gifting and event support. The position resides within a fast-paced environment where multi-tasking, juggling and managing a number of discrete tasks are critical to success.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Support administrative and communication needs of the Head of Global Brand Communications and Public Relations which includes, but is not limited to, managing phone messages, handling outlook calendar and ensuring executive's contacts, organizational charts and other key information is always updated.
• Assist PR team as needed including planning and executing team programming, holiday calendar management, etc.
• Prepare written materials as requested, i.e. memos, meeting agendas.
• Schedule domestic and international travel for Head of as needed.
• Handle timely submission & tracking of expenses via corporate credit card with Accounts Payable; this involves ensuring timely approval of expenses by executive's manager.
• Distribute daily roundup of competitive and relevant press for current brand communications initiatives; monitor and flag name major news mentions to the Head of in real-time.
• Input all key press on the brand communications into the corporate RL News daily news roundup.
• Lead the production of a biweekly newsletter that is shared internally across the company to showcase significant press placements and brand news. Brand Communications Responsibilities:
• Support the execution of communications strategies for brand initiatives including special projects, sports property sponsorships (Olympics, Golf, Tennis), philanthropic initiatives, innovation and tech.
• Assist with drafting press materials including press releases, strategy decks, pitches, talking points, tough Q&As, etc.
• Lead creating, organizing and maintaining press coverage recaps for PR & Brand Communications moments.
• Monitor and research speaking engagement opportunities, award submissions and industry events in the innovation space.
• Maintain press distribution lists for various initiatives and launches.
• Assist with and organize product seeding and gifting for multiple brand initiatives.
• Help with any press-driven events through on-site support and drafting and sending wide select media alerts post-event
Experience, Skills & Knowledge
• Strong internship or professional experience ideally in a fast-paced environment
• Highly motivated and willingness to learn
• Agility and strong response/decision-making skills
• Highly organized with strong attention to detail and an ability to multitask
• Team player and collaborative attitude
• Strong written and verbal communication skills