About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea-that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms-is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our teamis made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.About the Role
Merchandise Sourcing Division Manager will report to the Material Management lead and will be responsible for executing the fabric and mill strategy for the assigned region / area / category. The role will be responsible for managing the development and innovation agenda for the function in assigned area. The role will be accountable for managing the initial costing and Mill Partnership.What You'll Do
Who You Are
- Approves costing closure of Strategic fabrics
- Ensure participation in fashion shows / fabric fairs
- Collaborates with vendor management to align vendor and mill strategies
- Partner with Vendor Management, QA and technical teams to resolve fabric or quality issues
- Responsible for managing the costing of Seasonal fabrics
- Support the category fabric platforming opportunities
- Works with vertical vendors in their location to ensure proper systems documentation of RDs and prices
- Accountable for maintaining fabric library in their location
- Ensure vendors empowered to approve development, labdips of their area of responsibility
- Manage fabric counter process
- Negotiate fabric costing
- Support for mill visit.
- Manage and own risk assessment communication with cross-functional teams
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Growth Project - Experience of managing fabric related project
- Business Acumen- Experience in developing strategy
- Problem Solver- can proactively solve problems and effectively manage multiple challenges
- Collaboration- Proven ability influencing and making decisions in a matrix environment where speed and cultural sensitivity is crucial.
- Personal Leadership- demonstrated leadership presence, presentation, influencing, and collaboration across a leadership team.
- Talent Builder- proven track record of assessing, attracting, developing best-in-industry teams.
- Experimentation- proven ability to gather and analyze data along with implementing learnings for future use
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. In 2022, we were recognized by Forbes as one of the World's Best Employers and one of the Best Employers for Diversity.