As the fastest-growing sportswear brand on the planet, On is gaining new fans with ever-increasing momentum. We are seeking an accomplished Communications/PR specialist who will focus on athlete communications.
Working closely with the Athlete Communications Manager, you will play a pivotal role in shaping compelling messages that breathe life into our athlete partnerships and accomplishments in earned media. This position offers an exciting opportunity to shape the future of On's global athlete communications.
- You manage the Athlete Press Office: Draft and regularly update materials for press kits, manage media inquiries, manage interview requests for athletes, On coaches & staff, and On spokespeople, and draft news announcements for major On athlete results
- You collaborate closely with various teams within the company to develop strategies and execute communications around various athlete topics (e.g. signing announcements, outstanding results, or other athlete messaging), ensuring a seamless and coordinated approach
- You partner with On's Brand PR teams worldwide to support and optimize the athlete communications output in different regions
- You oversee media training for athletes and offer helpdesk support for any communications or PR-related issues they may encounter
- You contribute to the planning, coordinating, and executing of diverse media events, including managing on-site interactions with media representatives
- You've worked in PR or Communications in a sports-related field (e.g. sports and sporting goods industry, athlete management or PR agencies) for at least 3 years
- You are a sports enthusiast with a deep understanding of high-performance sports, ideally track and road running, triathlon, or trail running
- Articulate and eloquent, you're completely comfortable when it comes to crafting a message in English. You are a good writer and storyteller who can identify stories with true media potential
- You have a track record of independently working on projects and understand how to maximize earned and paid media opportunities. You also know the ins and outs of journalist needs and are a pro at handling inquiries and interviews
- A positive spirit, you guide, support, and inspire those around you. You see yourself as a partner to your teammates and want to help them achieve their true potential. You thrive when you don't have all the answers; you work autonomously to turn ideas into reality
Meet The Team
The On Global Communications team exists to tell powerful stories about On that enhance the brand's reputation. The team is responsible for corporate media relations, financial communications, issues/crisis management, executive communications, athlete storytelling, and impact communications.
We're always looking for new, interesting ways to tell our story - so if you have an idea that could be our new secret weapon, speak up and run with it!
What We Offer
On is a place that is centered around growth and progress. We offer an environment designed to give people the tools to develop holistically - to stay active, to learn, explore and innovate. Our distinctive approach combines a supportive, team-oriented atmosphere, with access to personal self-care for both physical and mental well-being, so each person is led by purpose.
On is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating a work environment that is fair and inclusive, where all decisions related to recruitment, advancement, and retention are free of discrimination.