At Burberry, we believe creativity opens spaces. Our purpose is to unlock the power of imagination to push boundaries and open new possibilities for our people, our customers and our communities. This is the core belief that has guided Burberry since it was founded in 1856 and is central to how we operate as a company today.
We aim to provide an environment for creative minds from different backgrounds to thrive, bringing a wide range of skills and experiences to everything we do. As a purposeful, values-driven brand, we are committed to being a force for good in the world as well, creating the next generation of sustainable luxury for customers, driving industry change and championing our communities.JOB PURPOSE
The Senior Events Manager role covers the Americas (US, Brazil, Mexico, Canada) for both brand image events and client engagement events. The role reports to the VP of Marketing and Communications, Americas and has a strong relationship with both the Americas Client Engagement team and the Central Office Events team.
The Senior Events Manager will work closely with the Central Office Events team to cascade the event format for each season and apply it to the region. They will strategize with the Client Engagement team on how to adapt the event formats to best meet local business needs while keeping the fundamental essence of the brief. They will plan with the VP of Marketing and Communications to effectively reach new audiences and execute events at a luxury level that are linked to retail and wholesale objectives.
The overall goal is to build and implement a strategy that attracts new clients, while retaining current clients and building brand heat through image events. RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conceptualize, define and implement the regional events strategy, working with VP and Central office to create innovative concepts that are in line with luxury brand positioning.
- Manage all stages of planning, design and production for brand, customer-facing, and wholesale events.
- Provide guidance and cascade event strategy to local teams, update and maintain 360 breifs that outline event campaign information
- Lead a 3-person Events team (Events Assistants & Events Coordinator) to successfully execute 300 events annually . Coach and mentor junior team members, train freelancers when necessary, delegate tasks where appropriate and offer developmental feedback
- Develop and manage individual and overall events budget
- Liaise and communicate effectively with Central office - work with corporate team on event concepts & guidelines. Ensure all event execution is up to guidelines.
- Work cross functionally to lead communication and collaborate with other departments (Client Engagement, Merchandising & Allocations, Visual Merchandising, APP, Health & Safety) and retail stores within the Americas, as well as provide updates to Executive team
- Manage and oversight to sourcing and negotiating event vendors, including but not limited to production companies, external venues & hotels, entertainment, caterers, transportation services, décor, audio visual, printe d collateral, etc.
- Handle logistical support for events and experiences - revise corporate guidelines to tailor to regional retail structure, draft run-of-show, etc.
- Strategize and develop operational workflow, lead staffing needs to ensure resources and support are in place, as well as lead any onsite execution (travel required)
- Foster and maintain relationships with vendors and event industry contacts
- Stay on the pulse of industry trends, informing senior leadership and influencing innovation across the events landscape
MEASURES OF SUCCESS
- 7-10 years of event experience preferably with luxury fashion brand
- Excellent communication talent - verbal and written with experience in a matrixed organization
- Detail-oriented with solid organizational and follow-through skills
- Sense of priority and agility
- Creative problem solver, motivated self-starter
- Capable of juggling multiple projects simultaneously with demonstrated adaptability to changes
- Ability to prioritize and manage time effectively of direct reports
- Team player, enthusiastic, professional
- Solid, innovative, globally aligned luxury event strategy
- Budget management and allocation
- Consistent and elevated luxury experience and execution
- Implementation of central office formats, concepts and briefs
- Events team management and positive influence in meetings with other departments
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.
• Expected base salary for the role will generally be between $138,000.00 and $160,000.00 per year at the commencement of employment. However, base salary if hired will be determined on an individualized basis and is only part of the total compensation package, which, depending on the position, may also include commission earnings, discretionary bonuses, short and long-term incentive packages, and Company-sponsored benefit programs.
• This position is at-will and the Company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, Company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.
Posting Notes: USA || New York (US-NY) || New York || MARKETING || AMERICAS - EVENTS || n/a ||