Job Title: Senior Retail Development Manager (m/f/d)
Reports To: Head of Asset Management/Group Retail Development Director
Based At: Ingolstadt Village SUMMARY:
The Senior Retail Development Manager (m/f/d) leads the Retail Development team, which is responsible for all retail architecture & design matters at Ingolstadt Village.
Advanced experience and knowledge in the field of retail architecture & design, communication skills and relationship building are key elements for the success of this role. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
- Brand Orientation for Store-fit Projects: Coordinate visits / briefings / supply of all information to brand partners relating to shop-fit projects (i.e. Works Manuals, specifications, local services, etc);
- Carry forward the fit-out process for new openings, re-merchandising and re-fit programs;
- Ensure that proper and complete information is issued by Brands to Value Retail for approval of design schemes, samples etc.; check Brands' design schemes and distribute internally for comments - obtain approvals from relevant team members;
- Schedule all visits from Brands in co-ordination with other departments: reporting & follow-up; schedule and take part in all site meetings with Brands - provide minutes;
- Enhance shop-fit quality to achieve standards of excellence, focussing on all details;
- Ensure that internal works are executed by Brands or Value Retail in accordance with German building regulations as well as with Value Retail internal regulations;
- Ensure that Brands comply with statutory requests from Value Retail and local authorities: warranties, insurances, permits, Health & Safety, local fire regulations, etc.;
- Ensure that Brands comply with Value Retail Sustainability requirements;
- Action post-opening snag lists as appropriate and follow-up;
- Facilitate effective communication systems with all contractors, project managers and maintenance suppliers, and monitor progress of works on-site ensuring that the works schedule is adhered to;
- Manage local Special Projects;
- Manage flow of information between Group Retail Development Director and external consultants including appointments, plan submittals, timing, billing, etc.;
- Manage the relationship with local authorities
- Keep Brands informed and up-to-date on all local codes and building regulations;
- Facilitate the acquisition of services from local utility companies.
- Co-ordinate and communicate to all relevant departments on all shop-fit related issues i.e. timings, changes etc.;
- Keep track of costs and invoices relating to shop-fit works;
- Devise new systems and procedures to facilitate the shop-fit process and improve where possible the existing;
- Liaise and check with the Commercialisation and Legal departments on all issues relating to shop-fits;
- Train, manage and mentor the Retail Development team;
- Support the local team on requests for drawings relating to units, feasibilities or special projects;
- Define RD budget (OPEX and CAPEX) and ensure internal cost control systems are managed efficiently, check and approve Purchase Orders;
- Working closely across central and local teams including IT, Retail, Legal, Operations, Real Estate, Risk and RDT .
- Five year's experience in Business.
- Proven management capability.
- Ability to communicate at all levels of business.
- Ability to use initiative, pre-empt requests, and think ahead.
- Ability to prioritise and manage several tasks simultaneously.
- Disciplined, stress-resilient, organised, deadline driven, precise, responsible, discreet, proactive and team player.
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills.
- Excellent Photoshop skills
- Excellent Autocad skills
- Eye for detail.
- Fluent in English and German - other European languages advantageous
- Comprehensive knowledge of the store opening process
- Negotiation skills