Maison Margiela is a Paris-based fashion house founded in 1988 by Belgian designer Martin Margiela. Celebrating unconventional aesthetics and embracing the philosophy that fashion is an art of expression rather than a cult of personality, Maison Margiela offers haute couture, ready-to-wear for women and men, contemporary line MM6, footwear, interior design, and accessories, including leather goods, fine jewelry and fragrance.
John Galliano was named Creative Director of the house in 2014, bringing his sense of spectacle and creative mastery to the unique ethos of Maison Margiela. Whilst developing his own vision for the house, John Galliano has entirely respected the Martin Margiela state of mind, creating a fascinating organic process.
In 2002, the French house became part of OTB. Along with sister brands of the group, Maison Margiela continues pushing the boundaries of modern fashion while preserving its distinctive identity and heritage.JOB SUMMARY
The Account Executive drives the strategic direction & commercial performance of wholesale accounts for assigned categories and channels, ensuring sell-in and sell-thru targets are achieved and exceeded. Exercises discretion and independent judgment in the day-to-day management over activities directly related to the running of the wholesale channel. The main focus of this role is the performance of activities directly related to the Sales department by supporting areas of sales generation, strategic account development, account management, replenishment, assortment strategies, visual merchandising, partnership with HQ, and similar activities. The above is the primary focus of your role (comprising 85%, or more, of your work week). ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- In partnership with the Sales Director, develop and execute the global sales strategy in line with the company's ambition and objectives.
- Manage sales forecasting, financial reporting, and regularly review to ensure targets are met or exceeded.
- Proactively identify and execute commercial growth opportunities for the brand.
- Manage directly the research and development of appropriate accounts for the NA region.
- Monitor and improve sales performance, influence on merchandising and visual merchandising.
- Continuously review competitor activity and monitor trends in the market.
- Key contact for existing wholesale partners for daily communication; nurture existing and develop excellent relationships.
- Work with Sales Director to establish and implement sales plan for all major accounts.
- Review, analyze and provide feedback weekly on sales activity, demands of the market and customer perception at retail.
- Work closely with our retail partners to drive performance supported by proactively managing stock levels through actioning swaps, RTVs and reorders.
- Responsible for creating brand training materials and conducting product knowledge seminars in store.
- Build close relationship with OTB Business Managers and department store teams.
- Analyze weekly shipping reports to understand flow of goods; actively monitor and drive upload timings and receiving the goods in store.
- Coordinate NY market (incl. appointment bookings, sample movements, model coordination, showroom preparation, asset preparation).
- Work with VM Manager to execute NY showroom set up and merchandising.
- Travel to Paris for market appointments on an as-needed basis.
- Regular updates on account reporting for market appointments.
- Ensure orders submitted meet the wholesale strategy, brand representation in terms of product assortment and positioning.
- Oversee order entry and order confirmation.
- Ad hoc tasks upon request to support all sales channels of the business.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- People Skills
- Organizational Skills
- Problem Solving
- Communication Proficiency
- Ethical Conduct
4-year degree and/or equivalent combination of work and experience PREFERRED SKILLS
- 3+ years similar experience selling men's &/or women's apparel, footwear, and/or accessories.
- 2+ years wholesale sales experience selling to relevant accounts.
- 1+ years retail math experience (ability to analyze selling reports, seasonal budgets, etc.).
- Advanced PowerPoint and Excel skills (vlookups, pivot tables, etc.).
- Established relationships with relevant buying staff.
- Experience leading product seminars; strong public speaking skills; ability to motivate and persuade.
- Ability to drive the business, increase sales, and meet strict deadlines.
- Ability to learn and utilize new software quickly and effectively.
- Willingness to travel. 20% of expected travel.
- Strong knowledge of the wholesale market and competitors
Salary range: $75-85k
#MM #MM6 #LI-AR