Build, lead and drive both strategic and tactical procurement activities in order to assure competitive prices are obtained while meeting business and quality requirements. This position will report to the Chief Financial Officer, PVH Asia Pacific, and will define business requirements of indirect products and services by working with global, regional and local stakeholders and service providers. Primary Responsibilities/Accountabilities Of The Job
Qualifications & Experience
- Lead the development of category procurement strategies by collaborating with other business partners and stakeholders to drive and execute global and regional procurement initiatives to achieve company's goals
- Lead the development and management of Request for information (RFI's), Request for quotation (RFQ's) and Request for proposal (RFP's) as required by category strategy and supplier negotiation strategy
- Develop and manage the regional supplier strategy and relationships in order to deliver competitive advantage to the company
- Manage the procure to pay (P2P) process from strategy formulation and execution through to supplier management to effectively manage cost and benefits
- Work with stakeholders and budget owners to establish procurement strategy on major categories including but not limited to retail store construction & renovation, advertising & promotion (e.g. events, PR, promotional items, visual merchandizing etc.) and general expenses (e.g. IT, logistics, office supplies, printing, etc.)
- Perform supplier/cost categorization and analysis
- Review and optimize sourcing strategies, identifying qualified suppliers and participating in supplier selection and review processes
- Identify appropriate suppliers and provide supplier and market intelligence to other internal teams. Assess performance of suppliers in conjunction with users and stakeholders
- Identify opportunities to drive efficiency, synergy and savings within local and regional operations
- Lead major sourcing projects from RFP/tender to delivery
- Maximize business benefits by consolidating purchasing power to drive cost savings
- Support and coordinate regional and global Procurement initiatives and projects
- Broad knowledge & skills - typically 5-8 Years of related experience
- Indirect procurement, supply chain, or related discipline with minimum 8 year's experience in APAC at senior manager or director level
- Strategic thinker with strong analytical, influencing, category management and negotiation skills
- Working proficiency level of English (able to speak Putonghua an advantage)
- Willing and able to travel within the Asia Pacific Region
- Bachelor's Degree in procurement, supply chain, business, economics, accounting or relevant subjects
Overall Impact & Contribution:
- Strong project management, analytical skills and process thinking; ability to map key milestones, roles and responsibilities, and decision points within complex working environment.
- Ability to partner and gain consensus from business process owners on opportunities to reduce costs and consolidate, where feasible, separate PVH purchasing silos
- Keen financial acumen to assess the overall impact of various models (ie: up-front discounts vs. back-end rebates, leakage risks from agreed pricing, etc.).
- Collaboration and problem-solving; ability to translate best practices to Asia Pacific region needs.
- Building partnerships with internal stakeholders and external partners.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Is responsible for the operational plan for the business or function
Makes good decisions based on analysis, wisdom, experience and judgment; knowledgeable in develop future policies, practices, trends and information related to Procurement. Deals with concepts and complexity comfortably, authority to make day-to-day decisions on purchasing requests Problem Solving:
Problems and issues are not well defined and require understanding of other disciplines and job areas
Must be able to handle multiple tasks/projects; operate with high degree of independence. Able to find workable solutions to consolidate purchasing power to drive cost savings; and ability adapt to the needs of the business and handle ad hoc urgent projects.Innovation:
Responsible for making changes to process, product or programsEnvironment:
As the head of strategic procurement in the region, he/she will be required to develop many of the procedures and processes required by PVH's global, regional and local policies. The position also offers the opportunity to work with key stakeholders and senior management throughout the region. Travel to multiple international locations (