The Director of TPG Finance role provides financial support for PVH's Technology and Process group and plays an active role in driving financial and operational decisions and outcomes. Responsibilities include: (i) all closing, estimate and budgetary processes for the TPG departments, (ii) variance analysis and risk and opportunities assessments with respect to the TPG results (iii) financial analysis and support to assess costs and ROI related to TPG systems projects and initiatives, (iv) accounting for and tracking of TPG systems projects, (v) supervising and developing a team of 5 associates, (vi) identifying and implementing process improvements, and (vii) assisting the SVP with special projects and analyses as needed.RESPONSIBILITIES/ACCOUNTABILITIES OF THE JOB:
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:Experience:
- Provide significant support and oversee the (i) monthly, quarterly, and year-end close processes, (ii) semi-annual budgets and (iii) annual 3-year strategic plan for the TPG departments.
- Ensure completeness, accuracy and proper accounting treatment for costs incurred and expected to be incurred, including assessment of whether costs related to systems projects should be capitalized versus expensed.
- Partner with department leaders to ensure alignment on scope, costs and status of projects to enable informed financial decision making and on an ongoing basis to provide financial guidance to ensure accuracy and completeness of financial data.
- Liaise with the Corporate Accounting team on technical accounting or accounting policy questions as needed.
- Challenge assumptions for reasonableness, including costs and timing of expenses.
- Identify and communicate risks and opportunities and actively work with the TPG departments to drive outcomes [OR drive mitigation of risks and realization of opportunities].
- Create strategic frameworks and methodologies to inform, challenge and drive critical operational decisions in order to ensure decisions align with the long-term global IT roadmap and deliver an ROI to the Company.
- Answer high priority analytical questions to drive better understanding of business value drivers and identify areas of opportunity.
- Lead a proactive, collaborative partnership with PVH brands and regional teams to ensure awareness and alignment on systems projects at Corporate and regional level and the accounting for the related costs.
- Provide guidance to and oversee the staff to assist them in seeing the "big picture" in order to effectively communicate the areas of focus to the department heads.
- Drive efficiency and effectiveness through continuous improvement.
- Maintain and execute adequate internal controls for area and update Sarbanes-Oxley control narratives as needed.
- Present TPG forecasts, budgets and strategic plan to senior management, linking financial results, and strategy.
- Train and develop associates. Evaluate performance.
- 10+ years of experience, including in corporate accounting/reporting; technical accounting, particularly with capital expenditures, capital vs expense analysis and cloud-based computing; and financial planning & analysis.
- Minimum four-year degree in Accounting/Finance. CPA preferred.
- Knowledge and experience working with SAP general ledger system.
- Knowledge and experience working with Oracle Hyperion Essbase and/or SAP Analytics Cloud.
- Proactive and self-motivated individual who challenges the status-quo.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills/critical thinking, detail oriented.
- Ability to multi-task effectively.
- Strong leadership skills and commitment to developing team members.
- Must be well-organized and action oriented.
- Strong interpersonal and collaborative team building skills; ability to collaborate with a diverse team and influence/drive change across multiple functions.
PVH Corp. or its subsidiary ("PVH") is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applicants for employment on the basis of their individual capabilities and qualifications, consistent with applicable law and without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, creed, national origin, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability, military status or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law. In addition to complying with all applicable laws, PVH also has a strong corporate commitment to inclusion, diversity and to ensuring that all current and future PVH associates are compensated solely on job-related factors such as skill, ability, educational background, work quality, experience and potential. To achieve these goals, across the United States and its territories, PVH prohibits any PVH employee, agent or representative from requesting or otherwise considering any job applicant's current or prior wages, salary or other compensation information in connection with the hiring process. Accordingly, applicants are asked not to disclose this salary history information to PVH