Coach is a global fashion house founded in New York in 1941. Inspired by the vision of Creative Director Stuart Vevers and the inclusive and courageous spirit of our hometown, we make beautiful things, crafted to last-for you to be yourself in.
Coach is part of the Tapestry portfolio - a global house of brands committed to stretching what's possible.
A member of the Tapestry family, we are part of a global house of brands that has unwavering optimism and is committed to being innovative and wholly inclusive. Visit Our People
page to learn more about Tapestry's commitment to equity, inclusion, and diversity. Position Title: Analyst, Coach Japan Retail Finance Reports to: Manager, CJ Retail Finance Location: Tokyo Primary Purpose:
To support financial forecasting Coach Japan topline sales and gross margin as well as Regional consolidation. Key Responsibilities:
- Reporting, Analysis and Planning of Coach Japan Business
- Support in periodic reporting (monthly / quarterly / annually) of Coach Japan
- Conduct ad-hoc financial analysis and reporting relevant to the covered markets / brands to
support management decision making / fulfil request from business partners
- Support creation of bottom-up sales plans/forecast for Coach Japan by Sales Channel
- Support development of company-wide annual forecast and Long Range Plan
- Tracking and Communication of Coach Japan Sales Performance
- Synthesizes and explains daily/weekly performance and variances against plans/targets past results for regular review by leadership teams
- Shares and communicates plans and variances to key business partners to ensure appropriate product planning/buying and expense planning
- Supporting Regional Consolidation
- Support to prepare the business review deck/reports for leadership teams
- Prepare various quarterly reports for New York HQ
- Support to prepare ad-hoc analysis/report for APAC region
- Proven analytical and logical/critical thinking
- MS Excel - Advanced (Vlookup, Sumif)
- Business (N1) level Japanese with low-business level of English (listening/reading) is a must (speaking/ writing preferred)
- Excellent communication ability towards peers, and senior management
- Ability to build trust relationship with internal partners/ team player
- Strong professional presence
- 2+ years of Corporate Finance, FP&A or consulting, or relevant experience in financial institutions
- University degree in Finance, Economics
- CPA or CFA qualifications are a plus
Our Competencies for All Employees
- Energetic/self-starter - takes initiative in seeing opportunities and getting things done
- Attention to detail - prepares the required files\report with little errors
- Naturally inquisitive - exhibits high intellectual curiosity and desire to come up with answers
- Collaborative - enjoys communicating and working with others, regardless of background or education
- Adaptable/flexible - reacts positively to changes in business and financial situation; enjoys working in a dynamic market and work environment
- Willing to take accountability/ ownership of work deliverables - strives to come up with answers, improvement opportunities on his/her own; detail-oriented, independently checks own work
Our Competencies for All People Managers
- Courage : Doesn't hold back anything that needs to be said; provides current, direct, complete, and "actionable" positive and corrective feedback to others; lets people know where they stand; faces up to people problems on any person or situation (not including direct reports) quickly and directly; is not afraid to take negative action when necessary.
- Creativity : Comes up with a lot of new and unique ideas; easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions; tends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings.
- Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Dealing with Ambiguity : Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; isn't upset when things are up in the air; doesn't have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
- Drive for Results: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Interpersonal Savvy : Relates well to all kinds of people, up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
- Learning on the Fly: Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything.
- Strategic Agility : Sees ahead clearly; can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately; has broad knowledge and perspective; is future oriented; can articulately paint credible pictures and visions of possibilities and likelihoods; can create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans.
- Developing Direct Reports and Others:Provides challenging and stretching tasks and assignments; holds frequent development discussions; is aware of each person's career goals; constructs compelling development plans and executes them; pushes people to accept developmental moves; will take on those who need help and further development; cooperates with the developmental system in the organization; is a people builder.
- Building Effective Teams : Blends people into teams when needed; creates strong morale and spirit in theirteam; shares wins and successes; fosters open dialogue; lets people finish and be responsible for their work; defines success in terms of the whole team; creates a feeling of belonging in the team.
Coach is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and we pride ourselves on hiring and developing the best people. All employment decisions (including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, transfer, training, discipline and termination) are based on the applicant's or employee's qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration. These decisions are made without regard to age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic characteristics, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or any other legally-recognized protected basis prohibited by applicable law. Visit Coach at www.coach.com.