Job Role: Head of Technical
Reporting to: Production Director
Location: Head Office, White City Place, West London
Contract type: Full Time, 37.5 hours per week
ME+EM is one of the UK’s fastest-growing modern luxury fashion brands. As a direct-to-consumer business we operate in a truly multi-channel sense with seven London stores, as well as concessions in Harrods and Selfridges, supporting a rapidly expanding global digital business.
We are an entrepreneurial, creative, and passionate group of people. We work hard, are enthusiastic to learn and aren't afraid to take risks. Everyone contributes to our success at all levels, and that's precisely what makes being a member of the team so rewarding.
Our goal is to make ME+EM as diverse and inclusive as we possibly can. We make sure everyone has a voice with annual engagement surveys, employee-led committees, focus groups and quarterly town hall meetings. We pride ourselves on being approachable, supportive, and welcoming and ensure that everyone’s hard work is rewarded
About the role:
An exciting new role will Drive and support ME + EM’s Design and Tech teams in the creation of accurate 1st prototype specs and packs for the Supply Base. Ensuring they are in line with the quality standards and critical path, reviewing best practice for prototype specs to ensure consistency across departments.
- Lead and manage the technical team to engineer products, ensuring they are supported in delivering the best quality and fit, through regular updates, reviews and training where required. Ensure the block library is updated each season for each department and conduct fit reviews per product type, per season to ensure the brand’s fit is correct and consistent.
- Reduce the number of fit to seal samples by ensuring all fit sessions are run in a consistent manner ,coaching the technical team to support the Design and Buying teams proactively with regards to make and fit in line with the brand’s standards & Golden rules, whilst maintaining the critical path dates and margin.
- Work with the Design, Buying & Tech teams to ensure that all product meets business and commercial quality standards. Identify potential quality, fabric or manufacturing issues, and offer solutions.
- Work with the Design, Buying & Tech teams to identify and/or support with potential cost price issues; and offer solutions.
- Implement and maintain quality procedures by supporting the induction process of new suppliers, ensuring they receive all relevant quality manuals and are given additional attention during the first season working for the brand Build relationships and work with the supply base to ensure that they are capable of manufacturing all product to our brands quality standards:
- Issue Block Shapes and Factory Manual
- Timely and concise communication
- Regular scheduled factory visits
- Clear understanding of the suppliers capabilities Adhere to safety, legislative and business policies assuring testing and labelling of all products is in line with each country’s legal and safety requirements and clearly communicate this to the technical team, suppliers and the business.
- 25 days annual leave + 8 bank holidays and a day off to celebrate your birthday
- Discretionary annual bonus scheme
- Generous Staff Discount of up to 70% off and Sample Sales
- Generous Friends and Family Discount
- Company Pension Scheme
- Employee Assisted Program (EAP) offering annual health checks, financial wellbeing support and physical and mental wellbeing services
- Length of Service Awards Employee referral incentive
- Monthly social and wellbeing events, annual summer and Christmas parties
- Mental Health Awareness and First Aid Training
- Cycle to work scheme
- Volunteer Day Tech scheme with Curry's PC world
- Annual Eye Care Voucher for a free eye test and money off glasses frames with Specsavers Real
- Living Wage Employer
- Enhanced maternity and paternity package after 2 years of service
We are an equal opportunities employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status. Minorites, LGBTQ+ candidates and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.