The Europe Sourcing Office (ESO), based in Paris, has been in operation since January 2022. Its primary objective is to define, propose, and execute an industrial strategy to support the growth and expansion of Tiffany & Co.'s High Jewelry (HJ) and Fine Jewelry (FJ) business. This involves close collaboration with the teams based in United States to strengthen, optimize, and develop the European manufacturing capacity (subcontracting and partnerships). As the Manager, Quality Assurance & Gemstones, you will be based at the ESO but also be part of the Global Quality Assurance (GQA) organization. The GQA team is responsible for protecting the brand and ensuring that all products pass our rigorous Quality Standards and Compliance. The team oversees and centralizes all standards information and is constantly updating and improving the information to ensure clarity and consistency from product to product.
The Quality Assurance & Gemstones Manager will build & manage a team composed of various profiles covering technical jewelry expertise and gemstones lifecycle. This role's primary focus will be to support the company's commitment to improving quality standards by ensuring quality & compliance parameters (line audits, workstations audits, etc.) are established and maintained within all suppliers based in France, Spain, and Germany. As the manager for gemstones, you will be responsible for sourcing gemstones for High Jewelry (HJ) collections and ensuring that the highest quality stones are delivered. You will ensure accuracy of dates delivery [MI1] [BH2] [BH3] , pricing, and meeting speed-to-market targets whilst collaborating effectively with cross functional teams (Category Management, Product Development, Design, Gemstone Acquisition, Diamond Division and Tiffany Grading Lab) and the gemstone supplier base. Accountabilities Product Quality Control
Purchase & Quality Stones
- Oversee & build the QA functions performed in France, Spain & Germany to ensure all products are complying with Tiffany & Co. quality standards and legal requirements.
- Manage local control operations and inspection team to ensure turn time expectations are met.
- Partner with suppliers to upskill staff, promote knowledge of QA practices and standardize auditing functions to ensure conformity.
- Review control processes and systems on an ongoing basis to determine where improvements can be made.
- Establish QA/QC priorities and key objectives to reduce product defects:
- drive root cause analysis and problem-solving
- Contribute to the improvement of quality specifications, procedures, and guidelines
- Enforce Tiffany & Co.'s Quality Assurance tools, and software as needed
- Establish project milestones and develop project plans to meet objectives, maintaining accuracy of the Diamond Acquisition & Gemstone Acquisition masterplan.
- Sourcing, assessing, selecting and purchasing high-end stones
- Review and assess the price, production capacity, quality, and delivery date of suppliers
- Communicate key project milestones and deliverables to supplier base and cross functional partners to ensure project timeline is upheld
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation to monitor and track key milestones progress throughout development.
- Assists in inventory control and cycle count and checks all gemstones on a rotating basis.
- Train, develop, and coach staff to perform at peak efficiency, providing management with reporting on a regular basis.
- Collaborates with peers to provide ongoing coaching and feedback utilizing the performance management process principles.
- Implement and lead problem-solving processes and manage their deployment to achieve objectives
- Determine & Identify risks of failure in the system, evaluate and suggest policies improvement to reduce those risks and achieve more sustainable quality in partner with the ESO Quality Team & suppliers.
- Manage quality process improvement projects in line with the defined roadmap
- Responsible for data analysis of the local quality performance trends and driving continuous quality improvement projects in collaboration with operation quality and suppliers.
- Perform audits of workstations and processes, and follow up associated action plans
- Coordinate & Support workshops in improving processes, tooling and product flows.
- Strong contribution with operation Quality team while performing Root Cause Analysis (RCA).
- Adhere to all Tiffany & Co. workplace policies and procedures and ongoing compliance with 6S. Promptly report all incidents and safety issues.
- Maintain a good working atmosphere by setting consistent management standards that treat all employees fairly and equitably within the guidelines established by the company's Human Resource policies.
- Manage safety within the department by establishing, communicating and maintaining appropriate and effective safety procedures.
- Bachelor's degree or Gemmologist or previous experience in a similar role
- 5 years of relevant experience
- Strong organizational skills.
- Independent, self-starter, ability to work well in a fast-paced environment with a multifunctional and multicultural team.
- Ability to be flexible and manage changing priorities; must have a strong sense of time management skills.
- Fluent in English, and the ability to effectively communicate with all levels of management and staff (verbal and written).
- A demonstrated orientation to customer service and problem resolution skills.
- Proficiency in PC applications - Microsoft Office (Excel, MS Word, PowerPoint)
- Demonstrated ability to handle and maintain sensitive information in strict confidence.
- Graduate Jeweler
- Work experience in JD Edwards or other enterprise system(s)