As Global Head of Merchandising for our footwear categories you will be responsible for ensuring the right products go to the right channels, tiers and accounts and to the right store, with the best timing and price, to optimize our brand vision and the selling and profitability. You will secure the assortment across footwear, linked to apparel & accessories, developing and implementing our global brand strategy, by gaining customer insights from working closely with our DTC, regional sales & merch and provide feedback and analysis to influence our range going forward. You will be a leader in forecasting and utilizing new tools for data analysis and turning your findings into short term actions and long-term strategies. This is a challenging and independent role where your goal is to embed merchandising in the culture of On.
- Constant & structured sales follow-up of your assortments, commercial focuses and quantified goals that leads to actions for all markets.
- Utilize and develop tools for analysis to enrich our understanding of the consumer when it comes to our product offering around the globe.
- Motivate and set commercial focuses for the sales organization to maximize selling.
- Be part of organizing kick off for all markets to communicate the strategy, key looks and commercial opportunities.
- Work closely with our campaign teams and other key stakeholders based out of the Zurich office to align product launch dates in line with the other business partners.
- Work with VM to drive product assortment strategies into our DTC and wholesale SIS building inspiring and commercial solutions.
- Responsible for setting, driving and following up on forecasting, allocation, replenishment and product life cycle strategy for footwear in close cooperation with your DTC and Wholesale counter parts with the demand, supply DTC and operations teams.
- Secure impact in stores and drive in season stock management by creating the best monthly product flow considering product seasonality, carry-overs, newness matching the needs of the channels and following the brand strategy.
- Contribute to the collection pricing architecture and optimise the effect of full price sales through competitor price mapping and price adjustments with our pricing team.
- Provide global assortment proposals including Must Buys, Key Assortments, commercial product pushes , considering price points, tiering, channel with a focus on the target consumer and community.
- Set and run a short- and long-term product strategy to drive sales net growth that is aligned with your goals.
- Know the market and the consumer targets, fashion and performance competencies and that of our competitors.
- 10+ years of merchandising experience with a strong focus on premium sports footwear.
- Minimum 5+ years experience in footwear merchandising in international regions such as North America and Asia-Pacific
- You possess a profound knowledge of the international performance footwear industry, including relevant accounts and consumer profiles.
- Higher education degree in business, economics or similar.
- True understanding of the competitive sportswear landscape on a global level, ability to challenge and disrupt it and the taste to stay the course across product, marketing, channel and merchandising.
- You have a strong track record of business results from your previous roles preferably within Merchandising, Retail, Product Management and Business Analytics.
- Experienced people manager who will inspire the merchandising and greater On team to build and support On's footwear vision.
- You are experienced in developing distribution strategy on a global level, whilst keeping regional consumers, accounts and sales teams front of mind.
- Strong understanding of Visual Merchandising and the taste level to make inspiring assortments.
- Demonstrated experience in working independently through strategic plans
- Experience creating and executing global strategies on regional levels
- Ability to analyze and understand retail math and KPI's across multiple channels (own retail, wholesale, ecommerce).
- You have solid leadership experience, and are able to drive new concepts into the organization. As such, you are a strong communicator and presenter in front of diverse internal and external audiences.
- Business fluency in English, both written and spoken. Any other language would be a plus.
Meet The Team
As you might expect from the fastest-growing sportswear brand, the commercial team at On is a unique place to be. It's a newly forming team that requires the explorer spirit to build some of it new and also bring the right existing pieces together. This team of entrepreneurs is used to dynamic turnaround times and ambitious targets. The shared mission? Ignite the human spirit through movement.
What We Offer
On is a place that is centered around growth and progress. We offer an environment designed to give people the tools to develop holistically - to stay active, to learn, explore and innovate. Our distinctive approach combines a supportive, team-oriented atmosphere, with access to personal self-care for both physical and mental well-being, so each person is led by purpose.
On is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating a work environment that is fair and inclusive, where all decisions related to recruitment, advancement, and retention are free of discrimination.