The Communications Manager is responsible for supporting the Head of Communications in delivering an exceptional global communications strategy across PR, talent, special projects and events, with the overarching goal to drive brand awareness and desirability in key target markets for Emilia Wickstead.
This role is responsible for the smooth running of the global press office, overseeing sample movement and reporting, whilst supporting in managing external agencies.
The Communications Manager should have experience in proactively and successfully pitching for press features across product and news, with existing media and stylist contacts.
This position requires a communications professional with impeccable written and organizational skills, a high level of attention to detail and the ability to act as a brand ambassador at all times.
- Execute an effective communications plan in line with the Emilia Wickstead PR strategy, to meet brand and business objectives
- Contribute to target media lists, editorial calendars and media grids, with a focus on the US and UK markets
- Day to day management of external agencies, overseeing pitching efforts and supplying press assets within their markets
- Identify and execute seasonal opportunities for an always-on proactive pitching approach to product placement, trends and news stories across RTW, capsules, accessories, bridalwear and homeware
- Concept, write and curate press releases and collection overviews, plus all relevant digital and print materials for PR usage.
- Ensure all copy is on brand and consistent in style, quality and tone of voice
- Identify key opportunities from celebrity dressing to create brand news stories
- Support the Head of Communications and agencies in securing profile opportunities for the Founder and Creative Director across print, digital and broadcast media.
- Oversee and regularly update the press database across markets
- Ensure excellent relationships are built and nurtured with relevant editors, stylists and key industry influencers
- Oversee the Communications Assistant across all elements of sample movement, internally and externally, including send outs, returns and archiving
- Manage and develop Communications Assistant by setting objectives and regular check- in points, manage work streams across sample management, database maintenance, seeding, gifting and reporting
- Execute seasonal press days
- Facilitate editor gifting Monitor results and compile monthly reports across editorial, social, events, projects and collaborations, tracking and analysing PR value.
- Contribute to social media planning by sharing earned editorial & VIP content
- Contribute to the cultural calendar by inputting key dates across fashion industry, film, television and theatre premieres, arts and music events, and awards ceremonies
- Contribute to talent strategy by suggesting names across A-list, emerging, industry and influence categories
- Support in proactively pitching for dressing opportunities and develop relationships with VIP stylists and agents
- Oversee talent seeding logistics
- Support with custom requests, liaising with internal team on timeline and briefings
- Attend fittings where required on behalf of the brand, acting as a brand ambassador
- Responsible for daily liaison with agency and/or consultants, facilitating loans and approvals working alongside the Communications Assistant
- Maintain and develop talent and stylist database
- Draft and distribute media releases for key dressing moments
London Fashion Week
- Secure in-kind and commercial sponsorship and support with managing sponsor deliverables
- Support with agency liaison across invitation, guest list and PR opportunities
- Oversee dressing logistics and gifting with support from Communications Assistant
- Draft media releases Events, Partnerships & Special Projects
- Coordinate press events, including guest lists, photography/videography, invitations, vendors and logistics
- Support partnerships and special projects with press and talent amplification
- Support in securing sponsorships as required
- Provide ad hoc logistics support as required
Skills and Experience Required
- A minimum of three years’ experience working in a press office or agency environment, ideally across fashion / luxury brands.
- Luxury lifestyle experience is a plus
- Prior experience managing sample collections
- Proficient in MS Office, Launchmetrics and DMR
- Strong understanding of and keen interest in the global media landscape
- Culturally curious and knowledgeable about fashion and trends
- Existing media and stylist contacts, with ability to build relationships and network
- Excellent written and verbal skills and highly presentable, with a keen eye for detail
- Good time management skills, well organized with the ability to prioritize and work under pressure
- Able to be an ambassador representing Emilia Wickstead internally and externally
- Fluent in English
* NB PLEASE SPECIFY SALARY EXPECTATIONS
We anticipate a large number of applications for this role therefore we will only be able to respond to those candidates we wish to shortlist. Many thanks for your interest in Emilia Wickstead.