- The Assistant Raw Material Technician is responsible for maintaining, tracking and all required details in order to deliver the best raw materials, to meet design aesthetic & vision whilst balancing quality, cost and speed.
- Collaborating with suppliers, Hub Teams, US Raw Material teams and Supply Chain Partners to achieve the desired results
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES/ACCOUNTABILITIES:Trim Development and Sourcing
· Accurately updates system and tools as required and completed within specified deadlines
· Assist with communication with mills, Hubs and US Raw Material teams
· Supports investigation of trend research
· Executes trim development and ensure aesthetic and performance characteristics, under global design & raw material team guidance & should have some outerwear fabric knowledge .
· Receive new trim sourcing requirements from NY and find suitable supplier.
· Work with NY in developing new trims.
· Submit new trims and do the required test reports.
· Negotiate prices for new trim.
· Prepare trim collections from various suppliers.
· Track supplier quotes, material content, and testing and maintain them in PLM system.
· Help maintain relationship with Suppliers.Quality
· Actively participates in pre-production meetings for garments sewn in country and mitigate any trim quality issuesProcess
· Understands deadlines and ensures they are met. Proactively tracks development, Sample yardage/pcs, and bulk trim quality.INTERNAL & EXTERNAL CONTACTS
Internal Contacts: RM and Color Team, Design Team, PA Team, Hub Merchant Team.
External Contacts: Trim Suppliers, Garment Factories, Fabric MillsDECISION MAKING
· Able to make decision on bringing/ altering new benefits which should be beneficial for employees and company.RESOURCEFULNESS/CREATIVITY
· Willing to learn new knowledge and adapt to new responsibilities.ENVIRONMENT:
· Must be able to operate in an environment of changing priorities and deadlines;
· Ability to be flexible and adaptableCORE VALUE
· Embrace PVH's core values: Individuality, Partnership, Passion, Integrity, and Accountability.QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCEEducation & Experience:
· Degree in Textile or related subject is preferred with minimum of 3 years of related experience.Skills:
· Knowledge of fundamentals on construction and finishing of textiles
· Knowledge of metals, plastics, yarn, dyeing and finishing. Experiences in handling raw material approval process .
· Strong communication skills, organizational and follow-up skills
· Positive and able to work in a team environment
· Good communication skills in a teamwork environment.
· Good verbal and written communication skills (English)
· Good in MS Office - Word, Excel, PowerPoint