About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea-that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms-is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our teamis made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.About the Role
The Corporate Controller's Group is the central finance organization within Gap Inc. that is responsible for the several functions related to the financial reporting and close process, including Accounting Policies. Through critical thinking, research and analysis, and partnership with the business, we support key financial decisions and manage the library of accounting policies which follow U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
As the Senior Accountant of the Accounting Policies team, your responsibilities will include researching and drafting new accounting policies as needed based on changes in Gap Inc. processes and U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles. You will also be responsible for updating existing accounting policies to reflect current processes and accounting, and ensuring policies are applied consistently across all Gap Inc. brands and functions. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in public accounting with excellent communication and technical research skills.What You'll Do
Who You Are
- Manage the global accounting policies database to ensure compliance with U.S. GAAP and respond to questions from finance teams across all Gap brands.
- Provide technical accounting guidance and support to finance teams across all Gap brands:
- Proactively communicate with business partners across all brands to ensure technical accounting issues are identified and resolved.
- Draft memos to document technical accounting analysis and conclusions in a clear and concise manner.
- Assess the impact of new accounting pronouncements and collaborate with business partners to drive their company-wide implementation.
- Act as an accounting policy resource for the company and communicate with business partners to ensure all policy questions are addressed and resolved.
- Assess the impact of new accounting pronouncements on our existing accounting policies and help implement necessary changes across the company.
- Participate in special projects related to significant transactions and other financial reporting matters as needed.
- Assist with financial statement analysis and tie out of quarterly earnings results
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or related field
- CPA or certification in process required
- 3+ years of experience; public accounting experience
- Strong technical accounting skills and familiarity with accounting research tools
- Excellent project management skills and ability to balance multiple priorities
- Ability to earn trust and confidence of business partners, positive attitude, strong leadership, communication and organizational skills
- Detail-oriented with excellent organization and communication skills
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. In 2022, we were recognized by Forbes as one of the World's Best Employers and one of the Best Employers for Diversity.
Salary Range: $86,300 - $114,500 USD
Employee pay will vary based on factors such as qualifications, experience, skill level, competencies and work location. We will meet minimum wage or minimum of the pay range (whichever is higher) based on city, county and state requirements.US Candidates
Please note that effective, June 30, 2022, Gap Inc. will no longer require any of its employees to wear face masks or require proof of COVID vaccination, unless required by local or state/provincial mandates or as part of Gap Inc's quarantine guidelines after being exposed to or testing positive for COVID. Therefore, please disregard any language in any job posting that refers to Gap Inc.'s face mask and proof of vaccination policy as said policy is no longer effective.