Gap has always been about optimistic American style. Starting with our very first store on Ocean Avenue in San Francisco, opened almost 50 years ago by Doris and Don Fisher. The thread that's run through those five decades is the phenomenal people that make up our brand - our employees and our customers. People who are rooted in the legacy that makes Gap what it is, but who are also focused on the future. People who want to leave the world better than they found it.
We've built our brand on staying true to our roots while always being out in front of what's next. If you want to be part of an iconic American brand, and help lead the way for where we're headed, we'd love to have you join us.About the Role
The role requires strong collaboration and communication, partnering with the PR internal team, PR agency, broader marketing and cross functional brand teams on a regular basis to drive brand awareness through daily communication with media to generate high-quality earned editorial for the brand and is responsible for developing the seasonal and yearly PR planning calendar. The Public Relations Assistant Manager is an integral member of the team who will provide support to the entire communications team to ensure a successfully organized department within a fast paced, energetic and iconic brand.What You'll Do
- Coordinates the development of key seasonal product placements and feature stories
- Builds and cultivates media and influencer relationships to contribute to earned media and social strategies
- Proactively and continually help shape and craft stories to stand out among the thousands of pitches reporters receive every day to secure press during relevant, cultural moments
- Lead the earned influencer seeding strategy
Key Experiences and Performances:
Who You Are
- Own it. Do it. Done: Actively gets tasks done and is driven by a sense of urgency
- Excellent time management skills to deliver maximum impact
- Detail Oriented and extremely organized, ability to manage multiple workstreams at one time
- Understanding and appreciation of the fashion industry and the value of earned media attention through public relation efforts
- Self Starter with high level of initiative and a strong sense of ownership
- Storing Communications, written and verbal skills
- Creates with Audacity: Actively looking to be a problem solver by coming up with creative ideas on how to get tasks done in a timely, efficient, and effective manner
- Bachelor's Degree in Communications or Marketing preferred. PR agency experience is a plus.
- 2-3 years experience preferred
- Excellent computer skills, Airtable, Microsoft Office with strong PowerPoint and Excel experience. InDesign, Photoshop skills are a bonus
- Manages the organization of the communications calendar, reporting, media lists, and assets for all global PR efforts
- Manages PR Sample Assistant on execution of sample requests, send out logistics, maintaining order of sample closet, influencer seedings, archiving, and daily core functions.
- Asset Management: Download, organize and update all PR files on the server including but not limited to hi res imagery, press releases, look books, PR go to market and pitching calendars
- Partner closely with PR agency and PR sample assistant on editorial product requests fulfilling warehouse orders, sample & imagery requests
- Assist SR Manager with invoice submission to Accounts Payable and Supplier Set Up
- Lead weekly pitching touchbases to align on innovative pitching calendars and go to market plans to create compelling content, ranging from written press releases to media alerts
- Liaise with integrated marketing team, Merchandising and Product Development teams to ensure the PR team has all accurate product information on a daily basis
Benefits at Gap
- Strategic thinker
- Highly detail oriented
- Work well in a fast environment
- Strong Presentation/writing skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely
- Apply knowledge of methods in area of expertise
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. In 2022, we were recognized by Forbes as one of the World's Best Employers and one of the Best Employers for Diversity.
Salary Range: $55,600 - $70,800 USD
Employee pay will vary based on factors such as qualifications, experience, skill level, competencies and work location. We will meet minimum wage or minimum of the pay range (whichever is higher) based on city, county and state requirements.US Candidates
Please note that effective, June 30, 2022, Gap Inc. will no longer require any of its employees to wear face masks or require proof of COVID vaccination, unless required by local or state/provincial mandates or as part of Gap Inc's quarantine guidelines after being exposed to or testing positive for COVID. Therefore, please disregard any language in any job posting that refers to Gap Inc.'s face mask and proof of vaccination policy as said policy is no longer effective.