The Polisher is responsible for polishing and applying specialty restoration techniques to jewelry and silver in accordance with Tiffany & Co. quality standards. The Polisher works with all common metals, including platinum and gemstones as well as some specialty materials and organizes assigned work to meet due dates. The Polisher maintains an accurate log of completed orders, and communicates the status of all assigned work to management and operations staff as needed. The Polisher understands workshop safety and ensures risks are minimized.
Along with the responsibilities of a Polisher, this role maybe asked to support Washer tasks such as, but not limited to finishing and cleaning merchandise using standard techniques including ultrasonic and steam cleaning, hand cleaning, rhodium plating, etc.What You'll Do:
- Perform polishing and specialty restoration techniques on assigned jewelry and silver according to Tiffany & Co. design and quality standards.
- Prioritize to complete all assigned orders in accordance with TSC Store Date. Advise management of areas of concern regarding processing, work capacity and merchandise quality issues.
- Review repair request and seek out assistance before starting repair work if clarification is required.
- Perform a pre-check on all assigned orders and inform management of any unusual condition or missing item.
- Maintain assigned work in an organized manner and maintain an accurate production log of all completed orders.
- Develop product knowledge and grow technical skills by working with experienced coworkers on specialty restoration including Rhodium, Sand Blasting and Enameling processes.
- Technical training or 5 years of polishing experience with gold, platinum, silver and all types of precious stones.
- Experience in use of multi or single-speed polishing machine and various rouges to complete the task.
- Ability to effectively communicate thought and ideas regarding polishing and the processes.
- Successful completion of a Tiffany & Co. polishing bench test.
- Experience with lapping machines.
- Understanding of the working of polishing equipment, dust collection and wash out equipment.
- Understanding of plating, enameling, silversmith and sandblasting